pirateship.com

Those rules on the link to UPS looks like they applies to shipping stuff via the UPS website as well. My understanding from just reading them is that the only people who are allowed to ship guns / firearms through UPS are those licensed to sell guns etc. etc. per the rules. It isn't just with PirateShip. Also, there is no mention of airguns. The last time I checked there are no restrictions on shipping airguns via UPS as they are NOT firearms per federal law. Based on that page, I would now call UPS and ask them before shipping an airgun of high dollar value to make sure it would be covered by the insurance which by the way is not really insurance per my UPS rep. - It is "declared value".

That said, I am guessing tens of thousands of firearms are shipped legally by private individuals each year. That might not be in line with the current UPS policy, but it isn't illegal.
While it's ok via ups policy, the pirateship policy goes beyond that and says not allowed.

With that in writing, they could deny a claim if something were to happen. Regardless of what an agent says as they could simply claim they were incorrect.

Best to play it safer that sorry just to save a few bucks.

Reactions: madeintheuk
While it's ok via ups policy, the pirateship policy goes beyond that and says not allowed.

With that in writing, they could deny a claim if something were to happen. Regardless of what an agent says as they could simply claim they were incorrect.

Best to play it safer that sorry just to save a few bucks.

Isn't that policy page for UPS not for UPS subcontractors? It seems clear that non licensees cannot ship firearms through UPS at all. I never could find the no airguns policy on PirateShip.com but I am still looking. I will chat with them today if I can't find it.

Isn't that policy page for UPS not for UPS subcontractors? It seems clear that non licensees cannot ship firearms through UPS at all. I never could find the no airguns policy on PirateShip.com but I am still looking. I will chat with them today if I can't find it.
There was a linked policy page in this thread, I believe by madeintheuk, for the ups and pirateship agreement that said no guns or firearms to be shipped.

Reactions: madeintheuk
There was a linked policy page in this thread, I believe by madeintheuk, for the ups and pirateship agreement that said no guns or firearms to be shipped.
Problem is that "gun" isn't a legal term but "not allowed to be discussed" is and on the ups site it links to the definition by law and gun or airgun are not mentioned anywhere if I remember correctly, just what the law regards as a "not allowed to be discussed" item.