• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

pirateship.com

Just sent a package (airgun) using pirateship.com.

The prices for UPS were about half what I would have paid using UPS directly. I have not used them for USPS...yet.

I did have some problems with the site the first time I tried, but they seem to have that fixed and the chat feature worked very well to resolve issues.

Anyway, I will use them again and hope I don't have the issues I had on my first tries.

Saving about 50% by using them was worth a little hassle IMHO. But I sure hope that doesn't happen again! (smile)

All my best!

Kerry

Yes, you're a little late to the game but glad you discovered them. The name can make you a little nervous at first but the savings are real. It's also very easy to use after a couple of times. Anyone not using pirateship.com to ship stuff is literally throwing away money unnecessarily.
Yes, I guess you could say that, but I rarely ship anything. Also, all the issues I had were related to problems with their site, not me. The chat and emails I received from them confirmed that.

In any case, YES, saving ~50% on outgoing shipping made it worth the hassle and the customer support was stellar!

Don't know how much you can save using USPS via pirateship.com, but when using them to ship via UPS, it is well worth the trouble I had!

As I said, I will be using them in the future.

All my best!

Kerry

Threw together a 20 pound order to my location just to check as shipping to me can be all over the place.
$500 normally and with pirateship just $121 for a UPS Large Express box? What settings should I use for the shipping of an airgun? Is this site legit or?
Screenshot 2023-10-24 071027.jpg

• Wow
Reactions: SHOMER
Threw together a 20 pound order to my location just to check as shipping to me can be all over the place.
$500 normally and with pirateship just $121 for a UPS Large Express box? What settings should I use for the shipping of an airgun? Is this site legit or?
View attachment 399474
At least from my own experience, (I found out about pirateship.com here on AGN), yes they are legit, but you are showing a much better savings than I got, but I was only shipping a package that weighed less than 5 pounds and was 31x3x6 inches. Didn't have to ship the airgun with the stock.

So far, my experience with pirateship.com is the worst I have read about. (smile) And I am still happy!

All my best!

Kerry

P.S.

Also, my package is only being shipped about 300 miles.

Last edited:
Reactions: MysticalDragon
I live on a small island in between the butt cheeks of Sweden and Finland called the Aland Islands
At least from my own experience, (I found out about pirateship.com here on AGN), yes they are legit, but you are showing a much better savings than I got, but I was only shipping a package that weighed less than 5 pounds and was 31x3x6 inches. Didn't have to ship the airgun with the stock.

So far, my experience with pirateship.com is the worst I have read about. (smile) And I am still happy!

All my best!

Kerry

P.S.

Also, my package is only being shipped about 300 miles.
I live on a small island in between Sweden and Finland called the Aland Islands. Because it's an island most postage companies call it a "remote location" which usually doubles the postage costs.
Screenshot 2023-10-24 073247.jpg

From the middle of the US to me it seems to be roughly 7800km which translates to roughly 4850 miles.
Screenshot 2023-10-24 073415.jpg

• Wow
Pirate Ship is great, I use it almost exclusively for myself and my business shipping for about 2-3 years now, never had any problems. I have a business account with UPS as well, which gives a bit better rates, but Pirate Ship is soooooo much easier to use that I gladly pay a bit more just to simplify my life. 100% legit and super easy and fun to use. Unfortunately, they don't support FedEx (yet), sometimes I can get better rates through my business account with FedEx for smaller packages. I hope they will add support for FedEx shipping soon'ish, and then it will be all-in-one shipping powerhouse :).

Another member copied and pasted pirate ship policy that showed airguns were not guaranteed and exempt from insurance. Yes cheap but your guns aren’t covered.
They sell you UPS shipping label, if you buy UPS label + insurance it's up to UPS to pay you, and you should check with UPS policy, not Pirate Ship. Same about USPS. And UPS/USPS covers airguns no problem, I had a few times airguns damaged, and UPS insurance paid up. Though to get UPS to pay for a claim is hell of job, they do everything to do not pay. That's why now I use only 3rd-party shipping insurance.

They sell you UPS shipping label, if you buy UPS label + insurance it's up to UPS to pay you, and you should check with UPS policy, not Pirate Ship. Same about USPS. And UPS/USPS covers airguns no problem, I had a few times airguns damaged, and UPS insurance paid up. Though to get UPS to pay for a claim is hell of job, they do everything to do not pay. That's why now I use only 3rd-party shipping insurance.
I actually looked and don’t see the restrictions anymore at least with ups
I wouldn’t use usps if they were the last place on earth so I didn’t look at their restricted items. I would suggest everyone read the insurance rules on pirate ship as there are numerous conditions for the shipper to get out of coverage of a package.

I actually looked and don’t see the restrictions anymore at least with ups
I wouldn’t use usps if they were the last place on earth so I didn’t look at their restricted items. I would suggest everyone read the insurance rules on pirate ship as there are numerous conditions for the shipper to get out of coverage of a package.
Yes, UPS is good to go for airguns, no restriction. USPS does not have any restrictions on airguns either, tested. And friendly speaking, lately I had tons of shipping problems with UPS ranging from lost and misdelivered packages to completely smashed and broken packages, but I had literally zero issues with USPS. UPS reliability went downhill, and USPS improved dramatically. Used to be way around. Just an observation. I still use UPS for heavy stuff, much cheaper.

Trucker is correct. Read the fine print guys! Pirateship has a unique relationship with ups, and this means some exemption's that allow that partnership to happen. Why do you think it’s so cheap?
If you trust the carrier to ship your package in tact, then by all means use pirate ship, but don’t bother using the insurance if you’re shipping ANYTHING gun related (including air rifles), because their insurance will not cover damage or loss. It’s hard to find these exemptions, but dig through the pirate ship site, and you’ll find them.

Reactions: madeintheuk
  • Guns or firearms of any kind & any firearm parts/accessories besides a scope (see the UPS website for additional details)
    That rules out most things that most here would ship except scopes. Hope you package it well.

As we aren't allowed to talk about the subject and I just got a warning I'll remove the ups rules I found.

I'll just add this: UPS has no restrictions at all in regards to airguns other than that they want you to have an account with them to ship them.
And following the way the US law is worded pirateship has no restrictions at all in regards to airguns either.

Last edited:
Reactions: uladz and Stubbers
Pirateship is simply providing you with a shipping label at a reduced cost due to their volume...it cost the same for me to ship through them as it does eBay or Amazon, no difference, not one iota.

UPS is not inspecting packages on behalf of PirateShip, so the largest concern would likely be being uninsured.

Beyond that, Fed Ex has no restrictions on such items, you can contact them and possibly get a contract with 20-40% discount if you ship in any volume and want your airgun shipments fully insured...

-Matt

Reactions: uladz
As we aren't allowed to talk about the subject and I just got a warning I'll remove the ups rules I found.

I'll just add this: UPS has no restrictions at all in regards to airguns other than that they want you to have an account with them to ship them.
And following the way the US law is worded pirateship has no restrictions at all in regards to airguns either.
I have had a few people have issues shipping airguns theough pirate ship so you are incorrect. It is true that ups has no problem shipping airguns, but the “deal” they have with pirate ship restricts these items. Really want to risk it based on wording? I won’t!