Pirate shipping

Hey i just wanted to tell everybody about pirate shipping most of u probably have heard of them I hadn’t until Wednesday and they work great they find the cheapest rates with the usps they were about $25 dollars cheaper than fedex who I used the week before and the packages were almost the same in weight fedex took a week this only took 2 days thank you James Kiser 

Shipping costs, like everything else these days, have become outrageous. Every little tool you can use to reduce them is welcome.

I am resurrecting this old thread after a couple of sellers recently sent me photos of their shipping receipts - which not only showed the tracking numbers but also the price they paid.

I have been using https://www.pirateship.com/ now exclusively for the last 6 months or so based on a suggestion given to me in a PM by jameskiser . And I say a little 'thank you' to him each time I ship something now.

The ability for the average Joe to get true commercial shipping rates is outstanding. It only took comparing the cost of 1 shipment via the on-line account rates I was getting against the Pirate Ship rate to convince me.

And like James, I really think that all AGN members should do the same comparison on their next shipment. If you really like FedEx though, you might be out of luck as Pirate Ship only supports USPS and UPS shipping.

It costs you nothing to create an account, and there is no 'referral system' so I get nothing from recommending the site. So this is just a little Public Service Announcement, based on 6 months of perfect performance and saving money from my personal perspective. The site is quick and easy to use too - I've even been able to teach my semi-computer illiterate wife to use it for the shipping she does in support of her little home business.

Thanks again jameskiser for the recommendation.

Shipping costs, like everything else these days, have become outrageous. Every little tool you can use to reduce them is welcome.

I am resurrecting this old thread after a couple of sellers recently sent me photos of their shipping receipts - which not only showed the tracking numbers but also the price they paid.

I have been using https://www.pirateship.com/ now exclusively for the last 6 months or so based on a suggestion given to me in a PM by jameskiser . And I say a little 'thank you' to him each time I ship something now.

The ability for the average Joe to get true commercial shipping rates is outstanding. It only took comparing the cost of 1 shipment via the on-line account rates I was getting against the Pirate Ship rate to convince me.

And like James, I really think that all AGN members should do the same comparison on their next shipment. If you really like FedEx though, you might be out of luck as Pirate Ship only supports USPS and UPS shipping.

It costs you nothing to create an account, and there is no 'referral system' so I get nothing from recommending the site. So this is just a little Public Service Announcement, based on 6 months of perfect performance and saving money from my personal perspective. The site is quick and easy to use too - I've even been able to teach my semi-computer illiterate wife to use it for the shipping she does in support of her little home business.

Thanks again jameskiser for the recommendation.
Thanks for this TMH! A recommendation coming from a well known member (at least one that I have interacted with) makes a big difference. And thanks to jameskiser for the original recommendatio. I’ve just signed up with them!

We use Pirate Ship for our small business. It has been a fantastic change for us over using the post office. No more waiting in line with an arm full of packages or going back to the post office after hours to use their often broken postage machines. We weigh our packages and print labels right in our office and get the best shipping rates.
Kenny

Will have to check it out and how it all works. I will personally never send anything of value usps. They recently took 8 or 9 days to deliver a money order sent priority with tracking 330 miles. I was totally freaked out. I work in the industry and I know most have decent luck but I can tell you for fact that they have the lowest on time and satisfaction in the industry. Small cheap items sure. Anything expensive no way.

What was really telling to me was when I did some comparisons of the Pirate Ship prices against the 'discounted' rates I was already getting, through personal accounts with USPS and UPS. I had a UPS account which already let me get discounted rates as compared to, say, walking into The UPS Store or the UPS hub, and UPS routinely runs 10% off promotions which you can find with a simple on-line search. My USPS account also gave me discounted rates as compared to me walking into the Post Office with my package.

In both cases (UPS and USPS) Pirate Ship provided a substantial discount, as it allowed me as a 'Joe Nobody' to access commercial shipping rates. I've used it exclusively since I did that first comparison.

Reactions: grackleblast
I did the same thing today. Signed up and plugged in approx dimensions for a gun and UPS ground was half the price I recently paid another carrier with my employee discount…lol. No idea why UPS needs to partner with this outfit and give such steep discounts, but it seems pretty good and people have confirmed it’s legit. UPS and pirate ship both have to make money so it def seems sus to me but I will find out. Probably shipping something cheap first.