• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Pirate shipping

I just got a notice from Pirate Ship yesterday, something to the effect of 'now even better discounts with UPS.'

In guestimating their business model, they pay less for shipping than they charge us. As more folks use them and their shipping volume goes up, they get better rates, once again passing along some of the discount they get to their customers.

In the end and to a point, the more folks ship through Pirate Ship, the lower their commercial rate may go, and some of the savings will continue to be passed down to their customers.

What was really telling to me was when I did some comparisons of the Pirate Ship prices against the 'discounted' rates I was already getting, through personal accounts with USPS and UPS. I had a UPS account which already let me get discounted rates as compared to, say, walking into The UPS Store or the UPS hub, and UPS routinely runs 10% off promotions which you can find with a simple on-line search. My USPS account also gave me discounted rates as compared to me walking into the Post Office with my package.

In both cases (UPS and USPS) Pirate Ship provided a substantial discount, as it allowed me as a 'Joe Nobody' to access commercial shipping rates. I've used it exclusively since I did that first comparison.

Same, I compared pirate shipping to my works COMMERCIAL rate n it blew it out of the water.

Thanks for the info on Pirateship but I will not believe it until I try it so I have bookmarked their page. I can definitely say this from personal experience. I got a quote of $40 to ship a package Fedex once. I went to a local shipping service named "More Than Mail". They ship with all carriers. They would have charged $80 for the same package. So their surcharge above the shipping price was $40. They probably got commercial rates as well so their profit margin is at least 100%.

Shipped a PCP (AGT Vixen) from San Diego to Houston this past Friday. I remembered this post about Pirateship Shipping and checked it out. $18.44 to ship UPS Ground. The best rate I could find on my own with UPS was just under $50. Wow, why would anyone use anything else?

Pirate Ship is king. Heard about it for a while before opening an account the other weekend to buy a shipping label and schedule a pickup for a seller that didn't want to go through the trouble for a stock I was interested in buying. The process couldn't have been easier and was easily 30-50% cheaper than what the post office would've charged in person. And no questions asked about the nature of the contents (other than the usual chemical/ battery variety).

Can't wait to use it once I start selling off guns, that is IF I convince myself to sell.