• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

piggyback bottle for flashpup?(sorry my search skills suck)

What I want to try to hobble together is a bottle that I can plug into the fill port and leave on as I shoot from the bench. The fill pressure of the bottle will have to match the gun pressure(unless I add another reg). And it will have to have a bleed valve, as well as a way to fill the bottle. I have a gauntlet with reg, but I'd have to bump up the pressure for sure, 130 bar isnt much, prob not enough for the flashpup reg to work reliably.

I'm sure this has been well covered, I apologize my search skills suck. Could anyone maybe point me in the right direction as to the parts I will need? Thanks a bunch!

An aluminum scuba tank, a K-valve adapter, and a quick disconnect could work. It will only be 3000 psi filled which matches your rifle. That in essence could give you a massive amount of air with a 80 cubic foot tank.

The only thing that concerns me is the fill probe on that rifle looks to be a removable type and you would have to be careful to not pull it out while the tank is connected or you would lose massive amounts of air out of the scuba tank before you could shut it off forcing a refill, etc.

I'm not a PCP guy, but I happen to have that set-up at my house from when I was thinking about a regulated Crosman Marauder from the custom shop.

Hello, I have no idea if this helps but I'll attempt to try. My Brocock Concept Lite uses a fill probe. I fill my two Ninja 90 cu-in bottles to 4500 PSI using my LC-110. The mode of operation I use if I want to shoot tethered is as follows, since my Ninja 90 cu-in bottle with EZ Valve is slow fill:

• Shoot the Concept Lite at medium power, around 865-870 FPS with 14.3gr CPDs. 30 rounds later I am around 150 bar.
  • Refill to 240 bar, once the air tube cools, I'm likely around 220-225 bar since I think it's ~105cc in the tube.
  • Repeat the 30 round shoot and fill process about 4 to 5 times depending on ambient temp
  • At this point I can usually leave the valve on the tank open and stablize around 230 bar.
  • From this point forward the 90 cu-in tank is acting as a tethered bottle and I've increased volume at a given pressure. More shots.
  • When 150 bar is reached, switch 90 cu-in tanks, or refill the 90 cu-in tank, and GOTO 0

I hope this helps. The Ninja 90 cu-in tank with EZ Valve is dual gauge, slow fill, bleeds on valve closure, and fills directly and not through the fill hose. It has a check valve which also acts as a PMV for my LC-110 allowing the moisture system to work completely. This way I don't need a regulator on the bottle, I can fill, and I can shoot tethered.

I am not affiliated nor a sales person for any of the products mentioned above, I am sharing what works for me. All the best!

Edit: Correct typos

An aluminum scuba tank, a K-valve adapter, and a quick disconnect could work. It will only be 3000 psi filled which matches your rifle. That in essence could give you a massive amount of air with a 80 cubic foot tank.

The only thing that concerns me is the fill probe on that rifle looks to be a removable type and you would have to be careful to not pull it out while the tank is connected or you would lose massive amounts of air out of the scuba tank before you could shut it off forcing a refill, etc.

I'm not a PCP guy, but I happen to have that set-up at my house from when I was thinking about a regulated Crosman Marauder from the custom shop.

Yea, didn't think about the fill probe issue. Great point. Maybe I could 3d print a clip of sorts that keeps the probe snug just in case next weeks episode of rount tank, flat table comes to its stunning but predictable plot twist.

Thanks. It just seems I need a standard fill setup. I'm ok with standard pressure, aluminum bottles are so much cheaper, and I have the yong heng pump and shoot around power outlets so a tethered system is fine and probably a lot less stressful on my pump. I was looking at a 48 cu in paintball tank for $55 on amazon, it's almost 4x the size of the flashpup res. The way I want to build it, .25, i might get 2 clips per fill, if that bumps it up to 6 I'd be more than happy.

No idea if this helps but this was my invention to that, my bottles can stand on end to be filled or laid flat:

DSCN2056.1599777515.JPG

Yea, didn't think about the fill probe issue. Great point. Maybe I could 3d print a clip of sorts that keeps the probe snug just in case next weeks episode of rount tank, flat table comes to its stunning but predictable plot twist.

LOL...strap the tank to the leg of the table if possible.

If you haven't checked with paintball and scuba shops near you they may have stuff they will loan/rent to test with before you buy.

EDIT: Looks like @LMNOP beat me to stability.