• The AGN App is ready! To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Pigeon and Groundhog Longest Connects to Date

Today was a day of quality and not quantity. I had just re-zeroed my FX Crown .25 cal. with the NSA 29 grain DBHP which are giving me exceptional accuracy and for better penetration for head shots on groundhogs. Usually when I roll up on this one dairy farm there are only a few educated pigeons left and I will only get a couple of tries on them before they fly off. The wind today was a pain as it was switching from left to right and from 3 to 8 mph. I will in conditions like this sort of map out the hold off range using my Strelok Pro and then make my judgment call on the wind speed. I had just changed the settings on my GoPro in my Side-Shot and the video is not that clear for some reason but you can still see the results. Bill

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L4ggY4XXga0&feature=youtu.be&ab_channel=GunPowder%26AirPower

That thing is reaching out there!

Nice shooting Bill....is that a SWFA scope?

I have a 10x on my power tuned Cricket carbine shooting the 33.5 Nielsen's right now but this thing shoots many different slugs awesome. May longest shot last year was 148 so I'm not worthy!!! Lol

I have it turned up a little this year so we will see....I've only seen 2 so far this spring but I know they'll be popping out more and more with the warmer weather here in Michigan...

James from Michigan 

That thing is reaching out there!

Nice shooting Bill....is that a SWFA scope?

I have a 10x on my power tuned Cricket carbine shooting the 33.5 Nielsen's right now but this thing shoots many different slugs awesome. May longest shot last year was 148 so I'm not worthy!!! Lol

I have it turned up a little this year so we will see....I've only seen 2 so far this spring but I know they'll be popping out more and more with the warmer weather here in Michigan...

James from Michigan

Hey James here in Maryland the groundhog are starting to come out on a regular basis. So far I have got about six with the FX Crown and six with my CZ 527 in 20 VarTarg. And yes that is a 16x SWFA scope and for me once I start shooting over 100 yards I really need more magnification. I just ordered a Athlon Midas Tac 6-24x50 which seems to be a good value for the money with very good reviews and features I want. The good thing about the SWFA is positive clicks and 30 mils of elevation while the Midas Tac is close to that with 25 mils. I also nailed another groundhog at 166 yards shooting the Griffin 29 grain DBHP LDC slugs but he made it into his hole. I tested the Griffin slugs in ballistic gel and the really do expand up to 40 cal plus at 50 yards. I know that groundhog expired but I am thinking I am going back to the Nielsen's with a better b.c. and penetration for long range head shots. Bill