Pieced together air rifle

Since we are talking classifieds....

Excluding modular air rifles where parts are sold to mix and match, and upgrade....

I let this topic sit for a while before asking this question so the ad cannot be identified.

I saw an older classic air rifle in the classifieds a while back that is a fairly rare style of that particular rifle model. The base model is still available, and is sold a few times a year in the classifieds.

Looking at the seller's postings it appears that this rarer model was assembled from three different rifles with two being the more common type.

Would you purchase a rifle like that?

Is it fair to sell a rifle like that without full disclosure?

I am just curious on others thoughts.

I think that would depend on if i know or have the rare model and bought it for parts , and from your description he did note that it was built and not original . Secondly i would buy if i wanted the rare parts and look for the rest of the rare parts myself . OR third if it shot great and buy for the fun of shooting it .

I think that would depend on if i know or have the rare model and bought it for parts , and from your description he did note that it was built and not original . Secondly i would buy if i wanted the rare parts and look for the rest of the rare parts myself . OR third if it shot great and buy for the fun of shooting it .

The ad did not disclose anything. I extracted that "assumption" (but I believe an accurate one) through other posts where parts were collected.