• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Picking a compressor

I have a Yong Heng for a while now. Just to much trouble to use for a fill or two. So I bought one of the GS-CX2 portable 12 volt/110V compressor. It worked really well especially for it's size. It was a little slow but not a real issue. The issue I had with it is no automatic cut off. You had to baby sit it. So I returned it for the larger GS-CX3, this one has the automatic cutoff but the power converter is a separate piece as well. Unboxed it and got ready to use it. Pushed the on button, nothing. No power to the power button. The converter powered up and ran fine. So e-mail the vendor for a retune and a replacement. Return no issue but he was out of stock on the compressor. Nearest price on the same compressor was 125.00 more than what I paid for the dead on arrival one. So back to the drawing board for some more research. All of these look to use the same or like same compressor under the cover. So I picked one form Toauto https://www.ebay.com/itm/383998374016.
It has a couple of different features that I like better over the GS-CS3. One button for on/off. Built in converter and digital display. It powered up right out of the box. Have not aired up any guns yet, will get to it tomorrow.

tim

IMG_4140[1].JPG

IMG_4141[1].JPG

IMG_4144[1].JPG

IMG_4145[1].JPG

IMG_4146[1].JPG

IMG_4147[1].JPG

IMG_4148[1].JPG

IMG_4149[1].JPG

Attachments

• IMG_4151[1].JPG
    IMG_4151[1].JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 14
really, id always babysit something that has the potential to cause destruction lol ...if i had an auto cutoff for my car tire filling chuck i wouldnt just hook it up and walk inside to make a sandwich either .. 5 minutes later you hear a BOOM and the windows blown out of the garage right haha .. yeah yong heng, cant beat it, unless you want a fancy neat little box compressor just because its kool .. you can make a case for that, i do things like that sometimes ..

I really like my Vevor for filling my guns. If you're filling tanks, you will need something bigger.

really, id always babysit something that has the potential to cause destruction lol ...if i had an auto cutoff for my car tire filling chuck i wouldnt just hook it up and walk inside to make a sandwich either .. 5 minutes later you hear a BOOM and the windows blown out of the garage right haha .. yeah yong heng, cant beat it, unless you want a fancy neat little box compressor just because its kool .. you can make a case for that, i do things like that sometimes ..
I never said I was going inside to make a sandwich ( I would have already made it) but I can turn my back and load magazines or place some new targets out. You carry that Yong Heng of yours out to a remote site with no electricity and see how great it is. Little presumptuous of you.

tim

Reactions: qball
Thanks for sharing this. I've been looking to buy a compressor for a while, and a lot of comments suggest to either get a cheap Yong Heng or a very expensive one like Alkin...

The Yong Hengs just seem like too much work and I'm not even thinking of dropping a few thousand for an Alkin.

Something like this is enticing as it won't completely break the bank and hopefully will provide enough fills to be worth the money even if it breaks down in the future. I do expect all of these cheaper portable compressors to eventually break down or need a rebuild at some point.

Reactions: albuilder