• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Picked up another Bluestreak!

This Sheridan is out if North Carolina!
I spotted it at a pawn shop, with a pretty low quality photo. Although I don't think it was malicious, it was a bit of a bait, and switch. The photo I was looking at was a pre 65, Bluestreak in nice shape. When I called to ask about the guns particulars, they said that it was in good shape, but it did have a crack in the foerarm, so I asked for pic's. The crack is nearly invisible, with no chips. At this point I still hadn't noticed the bait and switch. So I ask over the phone, does it function? He says sure, and he starts pumping. Then he says I pumped it, but it doesn't shoot. So I tell him if the plunger is bad it won't pump up, He says, it pumped up, I could feel that. I told him raise the bolt and pull it all the way back until it clicks. He says ok I've got it. So i say don't shoot it it may be loaded. So he fired it into a safe trap, with a nice loud snap. So, I buy it! Then a while later, I notice the photo they sent was of a differnt Bluestrak. So, This one is going to be between 65, and 71. I'll have hands on it this evening. 👍

How much did you pay for it if you do not mind me asking?
This is my second one from pawn shops. Both were priced at 199.99. This one only had 8.75 for shipping. I called to ask if he would put a couple pumps in it before shipping, and he said, sorry its already packed. Wow, they arent playing.
I bought it Wednesday, and its at my house today!
The first one was 1955 in non working condition, with 15.00 shipping. I changed it from nonfunctioning to functioning in less than 45 minutes. I had a rebuilt plunger laying on the table, and that was the 55's fix. Screenshot_20230713_125713_Gallery.jpg

I love the blue streaks if $100 or less at the flea market I buy it. Got 3 so far.

View attachment 372743View attachment 372742
I'm getting a collection too. 👍

1955 all original Bluestreak from Oklahoma City Pawn.

1965 all original Bluestreak from American Pawn and Gun. North Carolina.

My original 1971 "worn off" Bluestreak, with a pre 65 sight, replacment, and "Steroid Tune" from Mac1.
A Beeman trigger shoe, and Williams peeps purchased from the eighties Beeman corp.
Refinished in the seventies with TruOil.

My 1971 Silverstreak "Dumpster Queen" project, purchased localy from Facebook Market Place. Rebuilt and refinished. Baker Airguns parts, Tru Oil finish. Waiting on solder up.

20230714_191447.jpg

Wow nice looking Blue streaks,,, But my question goes unanswered , Is it worth getting a steroid kit .
Sorry I missed that one.
For me no.
I am about accuracy over power, and now I'm having accuracy issues, but my gun was a real problem child for Tim.

My original order was to repair the solder job that Beeman did back in the eighties, and add a Steroid job while there. When I got it back it was great. I told Tim how pleased I was with it. The extra power meant less pumping to achieve my velocity. So, at that point I'm a happy camper!

Then a couple of tins later, the transfer port sprung a leak out of the right side solder job at the breech. So I sent it back, and Tim graciously repaired it under warranty.

When I got it back it wouldn't hold air at the exhaust valve. So I call Tim, and he asks "It didn't have air in it when it arrived?" Nope. I told him that i got it to catch air a couple time's by pumping it with a pellet in the chamber, but that I had it launch the pellet while I was pumping so I quit doing that.
He said, if it fired you hit the trigger, I said nope, the leaking air developed enough preasure to lanch the pellet without firing. He said I was full of $%#@. So he said send it back.

On this trip I had the front sight replaced, and the exhaust valve repaired. Tim graciously did all that no charge.

So now, my final product, all said and done, leaks.
The exhaust valve seal is inconsistent on the fisrt pump usually closing sometime during the first stroke, sometimes it takes as many as four strokes before you hear the the exhaust valve catch air. So there's no way to know how much air is in it, to trust the horizontal point of impact.
I keep it stored, pumped to max pressure, trying to break in that valve seat, but I'm thinking a stronger valve spring may be needed in there to close the valve prior to pumping? I can't send it back to Tim, he would probably throw it in a shredder, and send it back to me in a cremation jar. Lol

If worse come to worse, I may put a Baker kit back in it.

The work Tim did with the alignment of the breech, and barrel was excellent. It was the first time since I put that peep sight on it, that the peep was perfectly centered over the breech, rather than way off to one side. He told me that the Beman job was crooked.

Last edited:
I got a 1960 one, Is it worth sending it off and installing a Steroid kit in it, Or should I just have them put a regular kit,
8 pumps is all I am doing,
Been in the family since new and has not been shot in 30 years
How does it act at the moment?
90% of the time they only need a pump plunger.
Always keep them stored with air in them.

Wow nice looking Blue streaks,,, But my question goes unanswered , Is it worth getting a steroid kit .
I have owned 5 streaks. I had one that needed seals, so as long as I was sending it in for repair I figured I may as well get the Steroid treatment: more power and better parts. IMHO, it wasn't worth it. The gun didn't gain much additional power per stroke. Also, Streaks already have beefy internals--they last forever with minimal care. Even if steroiding did provide significantly more power, I coulda just pumped it more if needed.

Last edited:
Reactions: .20calguy
I have a silver streak but the bolt WILL NOT pull back. Feels like it is working against a strong spring . I can move the bolt maybe 1/4 inch . Very frustrating since when i got it i cocked it and shot it one time then this !!
Haven't we had this conversation?
The bolt should pull back about 1/2" free before it engages the hammer spring. Does yours have that freeplay? Or is the spring tension immediate after raising the bolt?
I can't invission that problem in my mind, unless someone assembled it incorrectly? The spring can't fold because it is counter sunk into the hammer, and the other end is protected with a spring guide pin, inside the hammer spring.
I'm trying to imagine some kind of accident, like a BB somehow getting in there?

Last edited:
Thanks, I think I am going to or have Tim install a Steriod kit in it for me, I am all for accuracy over power but I want to pump 4 to eight times and no more, I think I got some original pellets it came with but I think I will order some more
Mike
Four to eight pumps? Your describing a standard Sheridan. My 1955 Bluestreak, four strokes for 25 yard point of impact. Five stroke 28 yards. Seven strokes.45 yards eight strokes 50 yards poi. That is an all original 1955 Bluestreak, with the exception of pump plunger.

Screenshot_20230425_000831_Gallery.jpg

Haven't we had this conversation?
The bolt should pull back about 1/2" free before it engages the hammer spring. Does yours have that freeplay? Or is the spring tension immediate after raising the bolt?
I can't invission that problem in my mind, unless someone assembled it incorrectly? The spring can't fold because it is counter sunk into the hammer, and the other end is protected with a spring guide pin, inside the hammer spring.
I'm trying to imagine some kind of accident, like a BB somehow getting in there?
no free play , yes we had this conversation b4 . time to send it off to be fixed.

Reactions: .20calguy