• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Picked up a Zbroia Sapsan .22

a couple weeks ago from Tom at High Pressure Pneumatics. I like the shape of the gun, a little different from your standard gun. So far it likes H&N Barracuda Hunter 18.5 at an average 905 fps. Had to play with the trigger, too much creep, Zbroia had a video on YouTube in Ukrainian with subtitles. Fills to 300 bar, haven’t shot it all the way down for a count. Got a variety pack from Straight Shooter’s today, so tomorrow will be shooting all afternoon, see what else it likes. The gun is reasonably quiet, it came with a extra moderator and 4 magazines. My only complaint is it is heavy, there is a stud you can put in the forearm for a bipod or a sling, although you will have to put a stud in the back, which isn’t a problem. It lives in my family room to keep the squirrels out of my bird feeder, needless to say they don’t like the new addition. Rick 
3FCCBC0B-6B15-44D8-8386-DE0295EA3BA6.1644100441.jpeg
1BD2E89E-E2D0-4545-8E4C-D8621972755E.1644100496.jpeg

Rick, Thanks for posting pics pf your Zbroia Sapsan. I came across this airgun just this week on Tupgun-Airguns and really like the small profile and high energy specs. Look forward to reading your follow-up posts about shot count and accuracy. A few questions when you have the time - Which air cylinder does your Sapsan have 220 or 300CC? Was the trigger hard to adjust and were you able to eliminate a lot of the creep?

Best wishes in eliminating the furry tailed tree rats. -Shayne 

Update, well it seems that my Sapsan had a regulator issue, I'd noticed it right away and called the dealer, he said to 'break in the regulator' so I'm gessing a few thousand rounds should have done that. Well, got it set for 870fps and then it would start climbing, about 10 fps every 10 rounds up to 940ish when it was just coming off the regulator. Did this consistently 5 times, stopped shooting let it sit for a few days, refill, started at 870 and would climb. So sent it back to the dealer, they FINALLY got around to swapping out the regulator and apparently it WAS defective. 🤯 REALLY???? Now instead of just sending my gun back, after 3 weeks, with the regulator they swapped out, they are ordering a new regulator from Zbroia, who in the heck knows how long this will take. Not a happy camper, I was suppose to go reduce the ground squirrel population but, that's not happening, at least with an airgun. I'm not mentioning names as the dealer is a sponsor.

Update: spoke with the dealer, well SURPRISE, the regulator was set too high....REALLY???? Seems that others are in for the same issue so, the dealer has to get a regulator tester to set them properly. I may get it back before the darn squirrels go down for the winter.

Last edited:
a couple weeks ago from Tom at High Pressure Pneumatics. I like the shape of the gun, a little different from your standard gun. So far it likes H&N Barracuda Hunter 18.5 at an average 905 fps. Had to play with the trigger, too much creep, Zbroia had a video on YouTube in Ukrainian with subtitles. Fills to 300 bar, haven’t shot it all the way down for a count. Got a variety pack from Straight Shooter’s today, so tomorrow will be shooting all afternoon, see what else it likes. The gun is reasonably quiet, it came with a extra moderator and 4 magazines. My only complaint is it is heavy, there is a stud you can put in the forearm for a bipod or a sling, although you will have to put a stud in the back, which isn’t a problem. It lives in my family room to keep the squirrels out of my bird feeder, needless to say they don’t like the new addition. Rick View attachment 191185View attachment 191194
i LIKE, what does it weigh ? also if anyone has a pic of this a/g with the forearm off, please post it TIA..

Is this model regulated ? If so is the regulator externally adjustable ?
No, you can't do diddly with the reglator, I've got a thread somewhere on what I did to mine before the reg took a holiday. External hammer spring adjuster is the big thing, short instructions, Loosen the screw on the side that holds in the HSA, there is a little set screw on top of the one that stops the HSA from moving, get some nylon spring screws to replace the bottom one with, I probibly have a bunch, I can send you some. Drill and tap HSA for a 4mm socket headed screw, you will have to shorten it a bit. Please note the end you are drilling and tapping is THIN, if you can silver solder go for it, drill a hole in the stock in the location of the HSA, re-assemble. You now have an adjustable and tunable hammer spring. I'm suppose to be finding out if I'm getting mine back after 10+ months....