• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Pick me a gun

I actually have the .22 tuned by Motorhead. 😉 And it's not twangy at all. I added mod, sight post, and Williams sights. Previously had a couple other scopes on it. 

1627423839936.1628455835.jpg

I had a 22 caliber Diana 54 for years. Probably shot 5,000 pellets through it. It shot the old crosman premiers that came in the cardboard box best but they quickly leaded the barrel so opted to shoot the second best pellets….JSB 15.8 gr.

The Diana 54 is a fine springer but wouldn’t consider it an ideal offhand plinker. It’s unbalanced because it’s a side cocker, it’s heavy and awkward to cock and load. Tiring as a plinker.

Dillon, since you enjoyed your HW30/R7 and still have an itch to scratch, want a fun and accurate plinker I would suggest THE OLD MODEL HW50/R8 because it’s a little more powerful but just as agile or a DETUNED R9.

I actually have the .22 tuned by Motorhead.
1f609.svg
And it's not twangy at all. I added mod, sight post, and Williams sights. Previously had a couple other scopes on it. 

1627423839936.1628455835.jpg

Lol I must have had more than one?? Man I can't remember what I've all had. Maybe I had 2 .22s and not a .177. 

I looked at the HW77K but see not in stock either. Can get a HW30S though as there in stock....then if still had the itch go with a D54 later on.

I bought a Beeman R-9 22 Tuned from tuned from Flying Dragon air guns Mike Mellick and it is 1" at 30 yds all day long !!

Also incoming is a" Time Capsule " 1994 original owner Model 54 22 cal . The original owner only shot 70-80 ads and stashed it in a temp controlled enviro and rifle soft case . should get it Tuesday or Wednesday found on the bay from a 1300 excellent seller in Oregon for $570 plus shipping we will see !!!!

EaqMpYAbSZKStndJIgebIQ.1628481132.jpg
WQLPYrTCRNqgDvIfUzanBA.1628481143.jpg

So after really going through what I wanted the rifle for and for using on the dairy, off hand with open sights I think the D54 is gonna be too much for my wants. 

So I decided on the HW30S in .177. I liked how light and nimble it was and shot so smoothly. The power level was really nice also for real close range pesting (under 15yds) and didn't punch through our tin.Plus I can teach my little ones to shoot with it when they get to that age. 

However I'm now going to start researching for the next one lol. I've always owned break barrels and so I'm hesitant to try a side lever or under lever. The HW35E is at the top of the list maybe for the next one. Stainless look of course. However I might want to go with a HW97K in .20 with the Blue laminate stock. I've eyed those for years but then need to scope and not a big fan of that. But they seem amazing and likely well worth it.

I've got until Christmas to decide on the next one though so plenty of time.