• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Pic rail based cheek riser - for Slayer

Aside from some of the rounded rail covers offered by MagPul and Ergo, which seems to be what I'm going end up with, I am wondering if there are any options for a cheek riser that attaches to a pic rail?

I'm looking for this to use on my AAA Slayer. The cheek rest area in the back in basically a pic rail on the top of the reciever. Not the most comfortable, but all my Internet searching has not come up with anything other than the pic rail covers designed for handguards.

Reactions: _CTAIRGUNNER_
Some things I considered: lower profile versus high, polymer covers can be found a bit wider, which may help with cheek weld, polymer isn't going to be cold like aluminum. There's a bunch of custom etched and painted aluminum picatinny rail covers on eBay. Here's my list.

Knights Armament Picatinny Rail Cover Polymer

Kriss Picatinny Rail Cover Kriss Vector Aluminum Black

LWRC Railskins Picatinny Rail Cover Polymer

Promag 11 Rib 1913 Picatinny Rail Cover

AlumaGrips AR15 Standard Smooth Rail Covers

Troy Industries BattleRail Cover

Archangel Picatinny Rail Cover

Caldwell Bipod Adapter

Reactions: _CTAIRGUNNER_
Also, I got cut and filed on the polymer covers to fit for length without them looking modified. With aluminum you may have to paint the raw aluminum if you modify it.
My slayer has one of these already and its not bad, I just like seeing the different options. I didn't even realize it wasn't factory.

Reactions: Airgun-hobbyist
This place has the bling, if you're into that.

Reactions: ctshooter
I have to say so far I am liking the look of this one the best:
AlumaGrips AR15 Standard Smooth Rail Covers

The rounded profile looks like it would be pretty comfortable to use. The bare Al isn't the most ideal option, but would be the easiest probably to apply various stickers or surfaces to.
If you want to get the cheek weld and rail narrower and add a little height to what you currently have, two of the Caldwell Bipod Adapters back to back would work great. (With the swivel studs removed, cut to fit for length, and covered with some thing for appearance.)
Screenshot_20231201-150801~2.png

Screenshot_20231201-151537.png

Last edited:
I may give this one a try. Low cost option to start with.

That's the lowest profile and narrowest option out there, looks good, and it isn't going to be cold and wet like aluminum.

Tango Down is another option. They have them in 6", 4.125", and 2" lengths. When Tom designed the Slayer, I wonder why he decided to have a picatinny rail as a cheek rest?

Tango Down is another option. They have them in 6", 4.125", and 2" lengths. When Tom designed the Slayer, I wonder why he decided to have a picatinny rail as a cheek rest?

452-SLAYER-10.jpg

Reactions: Peskådot671