• Please consider adding your "Event" to the Calendar located on our Home page!
  • The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Results Photos from the Pyramyd Air Cup, September 2015

http://www.elder.com/images/PyramydAir.jpg
(click to see Ted's photo above)

This was my first time at an airgunners’ event. My main reason for attending was to meet other airgunners and see their gear, because I live in a very isolated area. Boy, am I glad that I went. Everyone at the event – both Pyramyd staff and participants were extremely nice, helpful, open, and sharing. The guys would let you hold their guns and explain their pluses and minuses. Thanks to them, I was able to decide what my next gun will be. I also received tremendous advice on air tanks, which will basically cover the cost of my trip (driving plus two nights motel). About helpfulness: my current air rifle (Brocock Elite S6) has a very small air tube, and I knew I would need an air refill during the gunslinger competition. A gentleman named Bill set me up with his personal air tank, and since he was in the same competition himself, he found another gentleman named Boomer who refilled my gun, while I was reloading my magazine. I ended up winning in the first round but washed out in the second, where the competition was stronger – which was fine for a beginner. I came to meet airgunners and see their gear, and I fulfilled those goals 100%. This event was ran at at a local gun club which had roofs over shooting areas, which was great because it rained the first day. They had between 75 and 100 participants, plus a small exhibit area. They charged $50 to compete, but threw in a dinner, two lunches, and a goodie bag with two t-shirts and a tin of pellets. I didn’t think they made a dime on this event – they gave everything back to participants. They also provided a 10% discount and free shipping on any purchases. One of the great pleasures of participating was being able to meet the world-famous Ted. He is a very approachable guy, razor-sharp, but simple in the best sense of the word. I saw him help Pyramyd Air folks to set up targets under the drizzle instead of sitting on a throne and holding court. Ted is a real worker! I told him that I wanted to have a photo with him and to buy him a drink before the banquet. Lots of people wanted to buy Ted a drink, but I won that competition by being the first to offer. The two photos - above and below - are shown with Ted’s permission
http://www.elder.com/images/IMG_1723.JPG