Photo Thread: Quarry and the Airgun that Took It

A couple with the .457 Texan Carbine.

First Deer.jpeg

KIMG0407.JPG

F1AC7280-408A-444A-B660-977A799CCC2A.jpeg

Taken with .357 Bulldog, 45-50 yard shot seated on the ground, no shooting rest. Shot high-shoulder, when she was broadside/slightly quartering toward me. Complete passthrough nicking one rib and almost completely breaking the opposite rib. There was no blood trail.

Below is the exit wound.
044CA82A-EB3D-4906-861C-CF16CAA620F9.jpeg

07D1264C-E69B-4B65-8510-89B645030B14.jpeg

Entry
1151A93A-14D7-42C9-A4DE-A9E349A5750B.jpeg

Last edited:
Shot at night with my Brocock Bantam Sniper HR .25 (pictured below in another configuration) using JSB King Heavy MKII diabolo 33.95 grain pellets. Used a red torch clamped to my scope Bushnell Engage 4-16x44 FFP IR scope, no moderator, no tripod.
Brocock Bantam Sniper HR .25 w:Sightron S-Tac 4-20x50mm SFP on Innorel Tripod w:PigSaddle port...jpg

Recovered the carcass the next morning floating in shallow water where it died. One single shot to the face and it drowned him. I heard him die, but was not too keen on trying to recover him that night when I knew there was at least one other beaver I wanted to kill. l also didn't want to walk the dam in the dark.
1st Beaver Face Shot Closeup.jpeg

Estimated weigh 35-40 lbs
1st Beaver Next to Boot.jpg

More on this hunt here

@Dr. Kralenstein Which guns are those in you photos above?
The 1st one is my 25 cal mega rifle I built with 11" barrel and a shorter np03 tube. The 2nd one is a kral mega with np03 barrel and a 280cc tube off a breaker. Both shrouded with marauder baffle kits. I no longer have the rifle in the 2nd pic. It was parted out to build the other one, and sold off the rest of the parts.

Reactions: Ezana4CE
45-50 yard headshots on a swimming (nuisance) beaver. Legally taken with a .25 Brocock Bantam Sniper HR topped with a Pard NV008s LRF slinging JSB King Heavy MKII 33.95 grain diabolo domed pellets. I was seated on a bucket shooting off of a Primos Trigger Stick bipod.
2nd Beaver & B. Cock w:Pard.jpeg

Here is the associated hunting thread for those interested. Those Dam Beavers!!

Wow! Really good shooting on a swimming beaver… it will no longer be a nuisance. Are you going to process it for the pelt? More info please, day or night, distance to the beaver? Never mind, just visited your thread… those dam beavers.
@L.Leon The details are in the thread I linked below the photo. To answer your question about the pelt, I'm not legally allowed to possess or process pelts taken on this permission at the moment.

Reactions: L.Leon