Photo of my Nightforce ATACR FFP 4-16X42 Mounted on the .30 Impact

I often shoot from my side porch into the woods. One target is only 50 yards (originally set up for my .22 Wildcat), but the other is a more suitable 100.

1534974775_7370901915b7ddb37220555.57446776_IMG_1187.JPG

$1250 for a 42 OBJ ATACR? the normal price would be circa $3000 minimum!

The downside for me is the 45 yard min parallax, I will accept 25 yards but no more. If you are looking for something that is almost as good optically but half the price then the Delta Stryker FFP 30X is the once to go for and it will parallax down to 25.

For SFP the 50X Delta will parallax down to 10 yards and has 100MOA elevation, I put them up against my March 60X and NXS and there is so little difference optically its just not worth paying tiwce the price.

HOWEVER! nothing matches the styling of the ATACR IMO!

The Nightforce prices I'm seeing above must be for either the NXS or SHV lines. With Nightforce's substantial military discount I paid just over $2K for the ATACR F1 scope alone. The parallax is not an issue for me. I literally never shoot at distances less than that, although I haven't seen a visual problem going significantly lower. BTW when I focused the ocular I used tree branches on top of the 2500' ridge line opposite my house at a distance of 900 yards... the glass is phenomenal. 

How near to optical centre is the scope in that set-up? you are missing a trick if you dont use adjustable mounts and set them for optical center at your zero distance rather than using the erector system, at high mag the image really degrades.

I'm using the Nightforce UniMount rail with a built-in 20 MOA taper to maximize long-range capability. I don't know if I'll ever be shooting quite that far, but it's there.