• Much like Google Reviews - members are allowed to create (1) unique thread for each vendor/manufacturer. You may "edit" your thread at any time to reflect any changes.

Phony web site selling my rifle!!!!

I just noticed that this web site

has MY Taipan 177 rifle for sale, the one listed in this classified section. Is there anything I can do to shut that ad down?

• Wow
Reactions: SenseiSmash
Let the mods know over on the site you found it on. I know what site you are talking about, and they are very receptive to take down fraud postings.

Either that or make a post over there and state that it is a fraudulent posting
Yeah, everything I tried on the www.indiamart.com site wants all of my information before I can write or issue a complaint of the fraudulent behavior. I'm not going to give those folks any of my information. I pity the poor fool that buys my rifle from them.

Reactions: woogie_man
I see this almost every day on a local gun selling website - utahgunexchange.com Scammers come out of the woodwork and make fake listings using the photos and descriptions from other peoples ads on Gunbroker, Guns America, etc. to try to get money from people selling something they don't have. You can sometimes find multiple scam listings of the same item by using Google revers photo search.

It might also be an actual listing but they stole your image because they were too lazy to take their own.