• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Petition for Taipan and Kalibrgun to move their Cocking lever.

2manyAirGunz

Jul 26, 2018
AL
2 of the finest stock bullpups on the market would only improve on near-perfection, by moving the cocking lever forward and to the left side. This would enable the shooter to maintain hand and cheek position during the firing cycle.

Having never owned a Cricket, I derive my opinion from the reviews and comments of those who have owned them

However, I can vouch for the excellence -- 9.50 on a scale of 10 -- of the Taipan Veteran. Out of the box, best trigger I've ever had.

I don't mind the rear cocking lever at all.

Coming from a Wildcat and a Vulcan with side lever, I thought I would be bummed out or hindered by the Taipan lever but nope. Love it.

Especially how it opens and closes like a miniature Swiss bank vault. Pure precision.

The only gripe I can think of that knocks the Veteran from 10 to 9.50 would be the need to buy an aftermarket muzzle adapter to mount LDCs.

Should come with 1/2 UNF right out of the box but once that adapter is purchased and mounted it's a 10.0 gun IMO

Matt

PS: LOVE the stock, too :)

What?
Did I hear forward And to the left side? 
I wish that Every bullpup manufacturer would do this!
I'm a south paw that shoots right handed, so..
That said . . Count me in! 😃👍 

Seriously though.. As much as I like the mid positioned charging/cocking levers, 
I sort of dig the rear positioned ones too.. I reach up and over w/ my left hand, 
and imo, it's sort of 2nd nature after a while. I just wish everything came with biathlon style ends..

As for the OEM integrated 1/2"-20 UNF threads / threaded adapter, I'm totally in agreement there!

🙂

Sam -

PS: The Kalibrgun and Tiapan bullpups are 2 of my 3 favorite guns, 
and I don't even have one . . . [Yet]

I'd like to see them do it as well! That's why I have a Colibri ;-)

1551589611_12674236745c7b60eba5e806.53887716_1-6-17 bird n cricket1.jpg

I'm left handed and would love to see a forward cocking lever Mutant which keeps the reversible side lever option they offer on the Mutant and Veteran. I for one am ok with the existing stock design. It may look blocky in photos but it is very comfortable to handle . I even like the flat forearm. My only complaint on my Mutant was the type of wood used and the lack of finish quality. When I bought mine five years ago I had Michal Osyda in Poland make a stock for me in walnut that is shaped identically to the factory design. Like others have said many times, the Taipan trigger is the best in the industry.

Jamrstrong, I have been searching for a Weihrauch BP100 full sized bullpup (non carbine) for years in the 34" configuration with an 18" barrel. AofA carries this bullpup but it has a goofy looking 26" barrel that defeats the purpose of a bullpup design. It has an overall length of 40" which is ridiculous for a bullpup. If I could find the standard sized BP100 with the appropriate length barrel as I see in all of the reviews, including the one in the Hard Air magazine review link you provided, I'd buy it. Even Krale only offers the fishing pole length BP100. No wonder it's not a big seller.

Well, one down, and one to go! Kalibrgun came through in their latest iteration. Now it's up to Taipan. The Crickets look functionally the same in as far as everything else, so I expect the same performance. I do wish they would have modified that side plate from factory & anti-double loading would have been icing on the cake. What they told me about the side plate was something about safety concerns that frankly I do not buy. Most of their guns operate without a safety mechanism from the factory, period, and the one on mine is not reliable. 

Well, one down, and one to go! Kalibrgun came through in their latest iteration. Now it's up to Taipan. The Crickets look functionally the same in as far as everything else, so I expect the same performance. I do wish they would have modified that side plate from factory & anti-double loading would have been icing on the cake. What they told me about the side plate was something about safety concerns that frankly I do not buy. Most of their guns operate without a safety mechanism from the factory, period, and the one on mine is not reliable.

When will the new Crickets be available here?

I heard rumors on either this forum or a linked article that taipan had something “big” planned for next year. To me that’s either 30 cal. Or side lever . Only other possibilities is semi auto. Now I have no concrete information on this . It was something I skimmed over reading.

I was told by them that something new is coming next year. That much I think we can count on. What I don’t know is what it could be. I’d hope for a Semi-Bullpup. Like a Cricket Mini.