Pesting with .20 Veteran

Me and my youngest son just spent about 30 minutes at the extended families feedlot. We were hoping for a ground squirrel but settled for some pest birds. Got a couple euro doves and a couple starlings.

This starling was the most easily retrieved. Taken from a lasered 71 yards with a .20/13.73 @ 810 for just shy of 20fpe. Stiff crosswind that needed 0.6mils of hold off. Got him right in the breast and he dropped like a rock.

I'm really liking this stock on the little Shorty Vet.
PXL_20240413_225104378.jpg

From afar they just look black, but in the right light their iridescence is really something. Cabe asked if we could "take him to somebody who makes them frozen." I asked if he meant a taxidermist like when people hang the animal on the wall and he enthusiastically said "yeah!" I told him I don't think we'll be paying a taxidermist for their services on this starling, lol.
PXL_20240413_225125609.jpg

Cabe's mom wasn't as enthusiastic as him when he tried to run in the house to show her, starling dangling by a foot in his hand.

Did you need to mod the tactical stock to fit it on the short?

No mods to the tactical stock were required BUT i did have to steal the tube clamps/scope mount/trigger/rod from a Vet Standard. The longer trigger rod from the Standard is the crucial difference, but it was easier to take the whole assembly versus just swapping the rod. AND the shorter Shorty tube needs a plenum to get the fill probe out past the end of the forend.

Reactions: RicL