Pesting videos… Short and Sweet! 👍 Too long? 🙈

I enjoy watching “some” pesting videos but anything over 5 minutes? I pass on… Short and sweet. An AGN member has been posting very short ratting videos (2-5 minutes tops), which keeps me coming back to see a few of his rat kills… Those who regularly post up pesting content would likely benefit from keeping your videos “short and sweet”. The adage being, “keep em coming back for more”. Thoughts appreciated…🙏

I enjoy watching “some” pesting videos but anything over 5 minutes? I pass on… Short and sweet. An AGN member has been posting very short ratting videos (2-5 minutes tops), which keeps me coming back to see a few of his rat kills… Those who regularly post up pesting content would likely benefit from keeping your videos “short and sweet”. The adage being, “keep em coming back for more”. Thoughts appreciated…🙏
I think those might be mine you’re talking about. I keep them to just a few minutes for just that reason. I make sure to really cut down the time on the clip when I edit it to slow motion on a few. I just posted another one 2 days ago.

I don't post videos all too often here as I mainly use my scopecam for diagnostic purposes. When I do I try to keep them short & sweet. Even  I get tired of my own "too long" vids. A lot of them are under 2 minutes (@gerryreba6903 on YouTube). Again, diagnostic, not looking to entertain but if someone enjoys them then that's great.

• Haha
Reactions: SHOMER
Here is the format that I have adopted.

In this example, 1:41 long with only the crucial moments included. I don't like to rehash over and over, trusting the viewer to rewind if they want to see some twice.

14 scenes in a short film

It depends, some guys are in their backyards, others pest at commercial farms. If it’s 15 mins long and full of action then I’m game. If it’s full of fluff, advertising, and buffoonery then I’m not watching. I generally watch hunting videos instead of pesting vids unless it’s a ratting video. If what the content creator has to say is relevant to the content then I don’t mind. If you’re just stating the obvious then that can get annoying. I also would rather hear airgun action and projectile impact sounds (or impact sound effects) as opposed to music during the shooting. @N2Shooter used to have some interesting sound effects leading up to the shots. I enjoy watching precise shot placement, but I appreciate showing misses and the occasional bad shots. I also like to watch the animals expire or do a brief “death dance.” @Max115 ratting vids and format are my speed. My 2 cents

Reactions: N2 Shooter