Pesting#65 - Ratata3

Max115

Jul 15, 2018
BC, Canada
Here is another rat video filmed at new permission location. Still lots of rats around, but the number was quite a few less than previous outings.

Shooting them between 7-30 yards with my HW100T .22 and PARD008 LRF.

Hope you like it and Merry Xmas to you all and stay safe.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eVod6HSeNdc

We don't have rats in my part of Arkansas...too many snakes!

Looks like loads of fun. Back in the early '60's my friend David and I would drill out .22 short hollow points with a dental drill bit, and turn them into buck-mouthed rat busters!

In those days open land fills/garbage dumps were common, and at night the mayor would let me and my friend go in and shoot at the thousands of rats residing there. Using a single shot .22 and a flashlight, we taped our jeans to our boots and walked the mountains of trash and garbage, some of which was burning through the night. It was a lot like what I imagined hell would look like. 

Our best night was 299 rats out of 300 rounds available to us. We also filled Mason jars with gasoline, shut them tight and wrapped a kerosene soaked rag on the top. We'd set it near a pile of open garbage, light the kerosene rag and run back about 20 yards into the darkness. Very quickly we could hear the pitter-patter of little rat feet heading back to that heap of fine rat dining. We'd give them about 5 minutes of dining pleasure, then shoot the Mason jar. BINGO...a dozen or more flaming rats would race off into the darkness, sincerely wishing they had dined elsewhere!

The only air guns back them were some underpowered pump up's...nothing worthy of taking out a rat with any certainty. My my...would I ever love to have that environment available today, and re-visit my teen years with night vision,

Kindly 'Ol Uncle Hoot

20200626_140707.1609112203.jpg
Ground Hog, Headshot, 60 yards, SS457, 405gr AVFP