Pest Control Services

Just curious if there is any money at doing pest control with an PCP Air gun. I've seen lots of videos where a PCP seems to be the preferred tool to do pest control especially in high infested areas. Anyone know how much money these services make. Is it a per pest cost or is it an hourly thing? If hourly what rates do you charge?

I'm pretty much talking about rat infestations.

Reactions: iAMzehTOASTY1
I met a guy years back when I was working retail who went to retail stores and shot the birds that were roaming around inside. He made some good money doing it. Sadly he would tell me nothing on how to get into it. I thought it would be a cool job. If Im not mistaking he was shot by police some years back while he was showing someone his airgun. I guess someone seen a "gun" and called the cops. I honestly dont know the details of the whole thing though.

The scumbag Cop shot him as he was crawling down the hall way pleading "Please don't shoot me!"
I use to travel with Air Guns I was tuning until that happened.
His name was Daniel Shaver and it was in Mesa, Arizona.

WOOOOOW, I remember that video, chilling, seriously watched an execution, that guy was so nervous and scared for his life too, you could tell. I am so conflicted over firearms due to situations such as these. My condolences.

The scumbag Cop shot him as he was crawling down the hall way pleading "Please don't shoot me!"
I use to travel with Air Guns I was tuning until that happened.
His name was Daniel Shaver and it was in Mesa, Arizona.

Wow, I'd never heard of this incident before. I just watched the video, but wished I hadn't. 😲 :mad:

Hate to add to the high jacking, but I too remember how sad this was to watch. What I did not know was the air gun part of the story.
Cautionary tale to say the least. Over reaction by all concerned.
At least his widow ended up with 8 million from the City. It's something at least.

RIP Daniel. I am sure you would be here with us if you could.

Doc

Getting the thread back on track, Unless you are a professional pest elimination company your results will not warrant charging for them. I had the federal animal control agent out at the ranch last year to remove some beavers and we got chatting about other pests he eliminated. Starlings were at the top of his list. He kills thousands a year. As in 10’s of thousands at the cattle operations around the area. Netting and poisoning. He had no time for shooting them.
A lesson I learned years ago. I shot 3D archery competition for fun. Then got offered a position as a factory shooter. I was elated. My GOD!! 3 free bows every year, and arrows. Easton arrows were part of the package. Fun turned into a job because when you are wearing the jacket and getting all the free goodies you have to produce. Placement in tournaments was great but by year 2 they wanted picture of animals I had taken with their equipment. Not just some silly two point buck either. After the third season I quit shooting 3D’s, and forfeited my sponsorship because it was not fun anymore. It had become a second job with really crappy pay. I have not been back to a 3D shoot since even though I remain an active archer.

I do it for free, its fun, theyre also granted you an incredible set of permissions allowing you to SHOOT on their property. I am grateful for this when it happens.
It is a “privilege” to be trusted to shoot on someone’s property. In and around buildings, equipment and livestock and workers… I treasure both that privilege and trust…

My region, I’m lucky to get permission to do some farm pesting for FREE. Getting paid is not an option in my area, but yours may be different. This is really quite common, though, and goes back to how it was often done in the olden days. Trappers often never got paid by landowners, even when they were eliminating predators and pests. Their “payment” was in selling the furs and hides they got from trapping. Probably the meat too in some situations. The landowners didn’t pay a dime.