• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Pest Control Camera $25

Do you have any idea on the range of the WiFi? I'm thinking it'd be perfect for looking at targets, if it winds up with a pellet well, move the next one more out of the way.
I don't have this camera, but I have been able to use my phone as a wifi Hotspot and my WyzeCams will connect to it. I'll try it at 100 yards and see how it works as a target cam.

Thanks, great find! I have the older and bigger cameras and they have worked great but this could be an upgrade. Ordered the one with solar panel to try.
Which brand with the solar panel did you order? We need to find out what time the bear raids our garbage tote when spring arrives. Let us know what you think of it. Thanks.
Note: I will NOT shoot the bear with an air rifle, 😂

Which brand with the solar panel did you order? We need to find out what time the bear raids our garbage tote when spring arrives. Let us know what you think of it. Thanks.
Note: I will NOT shoot the bear with an air rifle, 😂

Here is what I ordered:
They are shockingly good for the money!!!

Last edited:
Reactions: NorCal David
My game camera has a range of about 25', just an fyi.
It does work. I set it up using the wifi Hotspot function on my android phone. It's sitting on my 100 yard target stand pointed back toward my shooting bench. I was stilling at my bench when I recorded this video.

Reactions: Florida_Man
It does work. I set it up using the wifi Hotspot function on my android phone. It's sitting on my 100 yard target stand pointed back toward my shooting bench. I was stilling at my bench when I recorded this video.

So, to be clear you used the android as the hot spot/transmitter 100 yards away from you? 2.4ghz signals are good for 125 to 150 yards unobstructed, in theory.

So, to be clear you used the android as the hot spot/transmitter 100 yards away from you? 2.4ghz signals are good for 125 to 150 yards unobstructed, in theory.
Yes, I used my android hotspot in case anyone wanted to know if they could use this setup away from home. The camera was connected to the phone's wifi signal 100 yards away.

Many of you are like me and use your air rifle for home pest control.

I recently updated my camera and want to share it with you.

I have a neighbor with hunting dogs in a kennel that always has dog food on the ground, so I get rats and mice. Two winters ago they found their way in my attic during a cold spell.

Since then I have been using a camera to monitor the area. I was using a cheap home camera connected to a usb battery pack I have a safe shooting location at a bird feeder I put on my fence near the kennels. The fence is re enforces with multiple boards of wood, and there is an oak tree behind that. If its in the feeder, its a safe shot.

This new camera is indoor/outdoor. It is rechargeable with an internal battery. I/O on the bottom includes a slot for microSD, and it is protected with a rubber insert.
I have it set up for motion detection and it will record that activity and alert silently on my phone. It also keeps a log so you can turn that off and just check it to see what time you can expect your pests. It's cheaper than most trail cams i have seen and pretty small in size.

I run an IR flood light in my backyard, so I taped over the IR illuminator in the unit. I haven't found in the setting an off switch for it.

I have been running it 24/7 for the last two days and it is still at 87% battery. I will update with how long it last on a charge.

I bought it for 25 bucks, the price is now 30. Just watch, I am sure it will go back down.

This is the camera I am using

The light I use in my yard mounted on my house 18 yards from the feeder

Nice idea.