Pest Blast from this summer

The location is an alfalfa/pecan farm and the majority of the targets are encountered around the irrigation ditches and canals. I normally shoot from the back of my ATV without dismounting.

I am conducting unrestricted warfare against these pests and have a few shots that are not DRT. I strive to maximize air and pellet efficiency, with DRT a third place consideration. This is not sport and I am not feeding people (though the farm hands tell me that GS are similar to pork in texture and taste...). No quarter given, no prisoners taken.

The gun is my trusty bullpup Kral Puncher Breaker, in .22 wearing a Donny FL Ronin in .30 cal.

The Hades 15g pellets conduct the diplomatic duties at 22-23 fpe with a point blank zero range of 22-35 yards approximately.

The scope is a Discovery 5-25 FFP that normally sits around 16 power. I am comfortable making connection to 75 yards in the right wind conditions, and have made successful shots (on jack rabbits) near 130 yards. Looking at the video, I can see the pellet cross from left to right as it approaches zero distance... Time to get the scope level out!

The video footage is recycled from this summer due to the seasonal harvest activity. It's pecan time in my area.

The video was assembled using the new to me Microsoft app, ClipChamp. Free and idiot friendly it is my kind of program.

Shoot'em Good!

The location is an alfalfa/pecan farm and the majority of the targets are encountered around the irrigation ditches and canals. I normally shoot from the back of my ATV without dismounting.

I am conducting unrestricted warfare against these pests and have a few shots that are not DRT. I strive to maximize air and pellet efficiency, with DRT a third place consideration. This is not sport and I am not feeding people (though the farm hands tell me that GS are similar to pork in texture and taste...). No quarter given, no prisoners taken.

The gun is my trusty bullpup Kral Puncher Breaker, in .22 wearing a Donny FL Ronin in .30 cal.

The Hades 15g pellets conduct the diplomatic duties at 22-23 fpe with a point blank zero range of 22-35 yards approximately.

The scope is a Discovery 5-25 FFP that normally sits around 16 power. I am comfortable making connection to 75 yards in the right wind conditions, and have made successful shots (on jack rabbits) near 130 yards. Looking at the video, I can see the pellet cross from left to right as it approaches zero distance... Time to get the scope level out!

The video footage is recycled from this summer due to the seasonal harvest activity. It's pecan time in my area.

The video was assembled using the new to me Microsoft app, ClipChamp. Free and idiot friendly it is my kind of program.

Shoot'em Good!
It's normal when filming (for me & my Tactacam) to APPEAR that pellet is crossing from l to r or vice versa. Doesn't mean your scope is not level. Someone else posted about this a few months ago. It's a "trick" of optics, parallax, perspective, etc. As long as you're zeroed & know your equipment I'd say don't worry about the appearance of pellets "crossing over".

Reactions: JimNM
Jim, glad to hear you used Clip Champ. It replaced the Microsoft video editor I used for the last couple years & I haven't been very motivated to get into a new learning curve by using it. Any tips? I tried it once but didn't have the patience at that time to really learn the ins & outs. BTW, I have an old Discovery VT-T, 4.5X18X24 that I absolutely love. My only FFP scope. I wouldn’t hesitate to buy a Discovery again.

For some reason I keep thinking it's called chimp-champ...

I am old school computer guy, so I like to use a mouse rather than the touchpad on the lap top. The program is not super fast on my machine, if I get ahead of it with too many clicks it will lock up for a bit. I jumped right in and have not had any problems. It is much easier than the software that tactacam recommended. If you want some realtime assistance, PM me to set up a time for a phone call. I bet we can get you rocking on the program in 15 minutes or less with a copilot.

Reactions: Ezana4CE