• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

PERSONAL BEST!

Went hunting with my pal Tony (pesty3782) in Ramona, Ca. this morning. NAILED a ground squirrel & rabbit with my FX Boss at 175 & 178 yards in fairly quick succession. I'm still smiling! My former "best" was 142 yards. The fact that I did 2 in a row lets me know it wasn't just a fluke. Man, I just LOVE the old, simple, reliable and ACCURATE FX Royale & Boss platform. Never thought I'd get to know my guns that well & they never let me down! Hope you guys are ALL safe & healthy! Forgot to mention: FX Boss, JSB 44gr, 84 degrees, 876fps, no wind.

1597435320_9374469435f36edb8ccfdf3.23997046.jpg
1597435322_7530770625f36edba589e48.86741800.jpg

Ok let's really tell the story as it unfolded...Gerry was hiding in the shade most of the day sipping his coffee when I hear him say "I have a squirrel at 175 yards" You hear the shot and then a few seconds later you hear the impact...He screams like a little kid "I got it...I got it....I can't believe it....I got it" Then he proceeds to start dancing behind his rifle....Now for a guy who is a drummer, the rhythm on the band, shall we just say this guy can't dance!!!!!

So after he calms down with some deep breathing exercises a little yoga I hear him say, "Rabbit 178"...You hear the shot and again a few seconds later the impact....This time no screaming and no dancing...Thank's for this Gerry not sure if my eyes or ears could take another set from you....

I raise a cup of coffee to a friend who is a hell of a guy, a great hunting partner, and down right good guy...☕

Gerry "Air Rifle White Feather" 😉 Yeah I like the ring to that....

But for god's sake Gerry no more dancing behind the rifle!!!!!

Tony P.

Hey Renz, good to hear from you. What a rush! (I didn't really dance) It's really encouraging & rewarding to know the time we put in amounts to something. Conditions were prime & I guess my body & breathing were doing what they should have been doing. My previous "best" was 142 but, if I'm honest about it, was 90 percent luck. The best part was being able to recreate it minutes later. Wife is happy it made me happy but doesn't get it the way I knew you guys would. 

Hey Gerry --=--

In Ramona this morning and it was HOT and MUGGY. Zero wind though. Used the zero wind to sight in my 600mm Continuum barrel at 50 yards. Put 3 pellets one on top of the other and thought that was close enough. 

BS'ing with my buddy on a hilltop after the sighting in and see a squirrel way out on a boulder. Buddy clocked it at 145. I laid/knelt against a large boulder, guessed the holdover and let it fly. All I could see was from the shoulders up as it was partially behind a smaller rock. Buddy was watching through binos. He was happier than I was by knocking that li'l bugger out (neither one danced though).

Nowhere near the Gerry status, but tryin' to catch up.

Nice shooting again Gerry!

mike

Awesome shots man! Thanks for the story and the other perspectives on the same event. 😜

You just helped me make an important decision...

I was seriously considering selling my Royale 400 and then I read about your hunt and equipment. It reminded me that I already have a great piece of shooting equipment and since I don't need to sell, I won't. I'd probably regret selling this one the same as I regretted selling the first one I had. Thanks for the reminder about what great platforms the Royale series are!

@ Greenarrow, thanks pal! From day one when I acquired my Royale 500 (about 3 years ago) & my Boss (about 2 years ago) I knew they would be all I ever needed or, for that matter, wanted. I sold all my other guns & never looked back or regretted it! Neither one has ever failed me when needed. With so many guns on the market & opinions of said guns I'm really grateful these were the ones I chose. I'm not that much into tinkering & neither one has had any changes made from their "out of the box" condition other than occasional cleaning & lubing! How incredible is that?!? No problems, no worries. 

Awesome shot! Good to know there are fellow airgun hunters in San Diego county! I've almost eliminated all the rats in the backyard with my gamo swarm maxxim and am looking for more pests to eliminate. I'm hoping to someday get permission from an avocado or citrus grove owner to hunt on their property. I'm sure there are tons of rats that infest their groves. I also just took the online hunter safety course and purchased a license this weekend and am anxiously waiting for quail season. I have an FX Wildcat Mk3 .25 on order for more serious long-range shooting, which should hopefully be here soon. Cheers!