• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Perfect Impact for 100yd plus varmiting?

I shoot with a tensioned barrel on my Impact. Experimented with two different materials. Now that I am on one material, I have been experimenting with the inch pounds in which I torque it. Like I said fmetz, what you are wanting is not as easy as getting caught up online. If every dude that failed made a video, the glory videos would be very hard to find. Like cmatera said you’re gonna have to pay your dues. There are no shortcuts.

I do a lot of hunting. I think it will take more than one gun to accomplish your goal. Rabbits are easy to kill, skunks are easy to kill but tougher to kill without them spraying. Squirrels are harder to kill, possums are harder yet to kill. Coons are really tough to kill, and the last thing you want is an injured coon, fox or coyote wandering around. At those distances, I think a well-tuned, accurate Impact in .30 would do the job for most of your intended quarry. For the coyote and raccoon, I much rather use my Benjamin Bulldog in .357 tuned by Brian at Veradium Air. As I’m sure you are aware, most of the animals (except the rabbits and squirrels) on your list are largely night time targets. At those distances using night vision, which is less precise than a fine day optic, a .30 caliber would be better even for the easy to kill critters. The Bulldog would take care of the coons, coyotes, feral hogs and even small deer, properly configured.