• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

People selling their FX Impact

"DeadEyeDill"I didnt like how many parts there was to the gun. I didnt have any problem though. I'm more into the simple guns that's why I sold mine to but the edgun r5m

In my opinion, the simplest-built machines are usually the best. Less working parts on a machine/device almost certainly means it will yield reliable operation and long service life...and yes, less hairpulling on the part of the owner.

"Jayman07770"I’ve noticed a spike on people selling their FX Impacts. Is their another new gun coming out or something else going on.
For me, it's the other way around :)
Had a Impact, sold it, bought a Crown, sold it, and now I want a Impact again because it is THE most versatile barrel testrig ever.
The valve stroke adjuster is the secret weapon of the Impact. Don't tell anyone ;)

"Dts327"I think we are going to start seeing more in general just because of the sheer number of them sold. Over the last few years. It has been an extremely popular platform

This probably the number one reason for the sales.
If you are the "Tinker" type of person you'll love the Impact!
If you're the type that just wants a gun to grab and go then you'll get tired of it really quick!
The Impact can be the one gun to do it all! But you need to put in the work to document the settings that will do it!
If you don't mind working it? It can be the gun to replace all other guns.

You only need one gun/platform to do it all!

But a lot of people who buy it think they'll like to play with it. But it soon gets too much of a bother to do so.
So they opt for a gun that they can just pick up and go!
There's nothing wrong with that.
It just depends on your personality.

I don't think all that many are up for sale. I looked for months before finding one at AoA, so yeah, they are available, but few and far between. The used Impacts are still darned expensive though. I just paid $1500 for a standard Smooth Twist version built in January 2017, so only a bit over a year old.

Looks like it was never really used. So far, shoots like a dream. Though, if I want to do the Magic "X" upgrade, it'll probably cost $400 for all the bits and bobs to make it work. That'll put it close to the price of a brand new Impact X. But, I'm shooting now, and not waiting.

I love the competition in the Airgun business. When I bought my first PCP about 4 years ago, my low end choice of guns consisted of a Discovery or Marauder. Since then, the sub-$500 category of guns has exploded. 

Now, the sub-$500 guns include: QB Chief, Stormrider, Maximus, Discovery, Gauntlet, Urban, Fortitude, Flash, Flashpup, Puncher, AT44, Mega Marine, and more are all in the sub-$500 range. They are all pretty accurate, and some are regulated. That means the premium rifles really have to deliver something else to be worth the money.

​Isn't competition between manufacturers GREAT! All of the high end builders must keep leading, or the low enders will catch up and compete for the high end $$. While I don't believe a Gauntlet will ever throw 100 yards with the same accuracy of an Impact, it's "Good Enough" for hunting and pest control at 30 to 50 yards or further.

​Obviously, nicer stocks, better triggers, actions and such will increase price, but all this gives us choice after choice, after choice. I LOVE CHOICES!

Ahhh, the right combination of adjustments. I've just started down that trail. Shot last Saturday for a couple hours. So much to figure out on the high end guns with all the accessories. Even figuring out the bipod and scope took time. Now, down to starting to adjust the gun. Sooo much to learn.

Soooooo much to learn may be a problem, and perhaps, why some Impacts are showing up on the used market. They take time to work with and get the last ounce of accuracy. Even the way I hold this gun is different from my last gun. I can see some people buying more gun than they are willing to learn being a reason to sell.