Pensacola Airgun Club (PAC) is up and running....

OK guys and gals near northwestern Florida. My Pensacola Airgun CLub (PAC) is up and running since we didnt have anything near me. The matches will take place on the 1st Saturday of each month at the Santa Rosa Shooting Center, located at 6950 Quintette Rd, Pace Florida 32571. It is approx 15 minutes from Pensacola, located between Milton and Pensacola. The range opens the gates to the public at 9am. I have access to set up the sight in range and course prior to the match. Sight in from 9-945 then a shooters meeting and the match to follow. I will set up a Field Target Course of at least 40 shots with the usual 2 forced positional lanes. I will have air for people with pcp rifles. There are bathrooms and a shady pavilion for us to use. First match is free for all who show, then after that club membership will be $ 50.00 per year. Non members will have a fee of $ 10.00 per shoot. We will be shooting at the old Archery Range, which is just to the left when you pull into the lot. Prior to driving your cars down by the pavilion area (where we will be congregating and shooting), you must go check in at the Office which is to the right, and pay a small fee (yet to be determined by their staff) and sign a liability release. After that drive on down to the pavilion area and start your day of fun. Hope to see you there.

I have a FaceBook page under, Pensacola Airgun Club, and that is the way I will push out info, until such time as I can figure out a web site, etc.

Hoping for good weather thats not too cold or raining for Jan 7th, the first match......

Of course rifles and pistols less than 20 fpe..

Thanks.....Bill (BC)

Last edited:
I wish there had been something like that 40+ years ago when I was stationed at Eglin. They had designated an "air gun range" not too far from the base housing, one of the perimeter roads going along the bay. I went there once, sandy road, all sand and scrub brush, not much range to it, just a designated area to shoot air guns. I was in base housing, and set up an indoor range shot from one bedrooom, down the hall into another bedroom. I always let my wife know, and blocked the door into that hall, I probably got 15 yards max. Beat slugging around in that sand especially in the summer with the sun radiating off that snow white sand,

I wish there had been something like that 40+ years ago when I was stationed at Eglin. They had designated an "air gun range" not too far from the base housing, one of the perimeter roads going along the bay. I went there once, sandy road, all sand and scrub brush, not much range to it, just a designated area to shoot air guns. I was in base housing, and set up an indoor range shot from one bedrooom, down the hall into another bedroom. I always let my wife know, and blocked the door into that hall, I probably got 15 yards max. Beat slugging around in that sand especially in the summer with the sun radiating off that snow white sand,
Now the base would epa ( 3 letter government agency..Lol, agn) ya , and just over the lead contamination..lol make ya pick up and account for every pellet used.

Good luck and hope it works out...

Now the base would epa ( 3 letter government agency..Lol, agn) ya , and just over the lead contamination..lol make ya pick up and account for every pellet used.

Good luck and hope it works out...
Yes about the time I left in early 1979 I heard someone got in trouble for spilling some motor oil in the housing area., Those would be nothing compared to the munitions expended out on the ranges, probably about the same at NAS Pensacola and over at Tyndall. I remember the highway between Niceville and Crestview having signs along the way saying do not leave roadway due possible unexploded munitions.

Reactions: Hateful McNasty
OK guys and gals near northwestern Florida. My Pensacola Airgun CLub (PAC) is up and running since we didnt have anything near me. The matches will take place on the 1st Saturday of each month at the Santa Rosa Shooting Center, located at 6950 Quintette Rd, Pace Florida 32571. It is approx 15 minutes from Pensacola, located between Milton and Pensacola. The range opens the gates to the public at 9am. I have access to set up the sight in range and course prior to the match. Sight in from 9-945 then a shooters meeting and the match to follow. I will set up a Field Target Course of at least 40 shots with the usual 2 forced positional lanes. I will have air for people with pcp rifles. There are bathrooms and a shady pavilion for us to use. First match is free for all who show, then after that club membership will be $ 50.00 per year. Non members will have a fee of $ 10.00 per shoot. We will be shooting at the old Archery Range, which is just to the left when you pull into the lot. Prior to driving your cars down by the pavilion area (where we will be congregating and shooting), you must go check in at the Office which is to the right, and pay a small fee (yet to be determined by their staff) and sign a liability release. After that drive on down to the pavilion area and start your day of fun. Hope to see you there.

I have a FaceBook page under, Pensacola Airgun Club, and that is the way I will push out info, until such time as I can figure out a web site, etc.

Hoping for good weather thats not too cold or raining for Jan 7th, the first match......

Of course rifles and pistols less than 20 fpe..

Thanks.....Bill (BC)
Thanks for the info! Good on you.
-Atlas from the Atlantic side of FL

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: BC