• Please consider adding your "Event" to the Calendar located on our Home page!

Pensacola Airgun Club ( PAC ) 1st match results

Well, the first match of the Pensacola AIrgun Club is in the books. We had 10 people show up to shoot. 4 travelled from the BAGA Club in Baton Rouge, LA. 1 came from Mobile, and the rest from the Desoto AIrgun Club, near Tampa. Thanks for traveling the distance to get here. Some of us met the night befpre for dinner at the TX Steakhouse and had alot of fun conversations over beer and steak. The next morning was forecast 40 low and 68 high, and it was right on. We had beautiful weather with light tricky breezes that messed with our long shots. I set up a course along with help from my buddy Carey and his wife Terry. We thought it seemed reasonable at the time but the next morning when I set targets and pulled strings and the sun came up, the shadows started. The target locations I thought looked great the night before wrere now heavily vovered with tons of big patches of shade mixed with bright sunlight throughout the day. Needless to say my targets were very difficult to see and my dark red kill zone paddles i thought looked OK, were impossible to see with the shadowing of most of our targets. We shot the course using my newly designed targets and they proved ot be flawless with no cold lines and good reviews from the shooters. At the end of the day everyone grabebd targets, concrete blocks and strings and pickup was done within 30 minutes. The scores were read and people hit the road for their long drives home. Thanks for coming guys. I hope to see you again and again.

Special shout out to Tristen from ATLAS AIRGUNS on Facebook. He made the long drive from the other side of Florida to come out and help promote the new club and took alot of pics and video. He is working with Airguns of Arizona and also promoting the Extreme Field Target events. Maybe one day down the line, we will also have XFT events also. The owners of the Santa Rosa Shooting Center who were on site the day we shot, approached me and thanked us for being there and said if we needed anything, that they were open to discussing it and helping us. SRSC owners and staff, to include Tom and Camie and the others are the best.

15 lanes, 60 shots, average distance 34.8 yds, 9 targets past 45 yards and 29.1 Troyer rating. One standing lane, 1 kneeling lane. Very moderate plus course, that will be easier next time. haha. Lessons learned.

The scores are as follows on my 15 lane, 60 shot course...

The PAC will shoot the first Saturday of each month, so come join us.

Hunter Class

Steve G.....48
John T.......46
Ryan M......43
Jerrry M.....43
Linda M......40
Chris L........27 ( 1st time shooter ! )
Carey H.......26
Rudy S........20 (1st time shooter !

WFTF

Zach L.......55 ( OUTSTANDING SHOOTING )
Bill C..........36
FDEF5A54-90D2-4800-956A-63CBDB89B6C9.jpeg
AA3F1C19-3934-4720-B69C-7B622692D8E9.jpeg

40C8EFC2-B165-451E-A1F4-A84C1A49C3F5.jpeg

1CEE1105-CDC0-47A4-BCAE-0A0ED04EFF0C.jpeg

1CED0633-4A7F-489D-BAD8-556BB666D8FB.jpeg

B31D935A-A06D-4145-8B03-A1E607BDCA3E.jpeg

F171D562-F906-4155-A3B4-DF8C8A22860D.jpeg

Last edited: