• Please consider adding your "Event" to the Calendar located on our Home page!

Pensacola Airgun Club Feb 4 Match Results

Well, with a morning low of 37 and high of 62, our second match is in the books. We had just 7 shooters show up today, bundled up and ready to go. There was a very light breeze that moved even the 20 ft pound hunter guys bigger pellets a bit. There were 2 WFTF shooters, me and Gary P, who drove 7 hrs all the way from the Tampa area, along with his buddy Ken (new shooter). As usual Carey H. and Terry made it from Baton Rouge. Rudy S. came from Mobile again (just his second match) and brought his friend Tom (first time shooter). And Matt D. who saw my PAC Facebook page and follows FT etc on the forums, drove over from Ft Walton, FL. Matt said he is a backyard shooter and this was his first event ever. We started the match and we got lucky with sunshine and it warmed little by little. 3 hours later were done with the match and took down the course and stacked concrete blocks. I set an easier course this time, that would be mid medium troyer rating.

Troyer for today was 27
Average target distance was 27 yds
5 targets past 45 yards
2 standing lanes
2 kneeling lanes
13 lanes of 2 targets per lane= 52 shots

Scores....

Hunter

Carey H......40
Tom C........23
Matt D........23
Ken H.........22
Rudy S.......19

WFTF

Bill C........49
Gary P......44

Next match the first Saturday of each month (except April, as I will be at Careys CAJUNS shoot in Louisiana)

Thanks.....BC

17AFA054-E607-4DCF-80A1-BACA040608EA.jpeg
87B9067B-5346-4410-AFED-0F098E42ACD4.jpeg
CD88CE13-B82A-435F-AAE4-A2ECBF555266.jpeg
A50D1845-B8AE-4D85-9E33-CB5F140A5F07.jpeg
5522EFBC-D62E-472B-A4FF-8DFF67A5AD5A.jpeg
C4A53B7C-892F-4F91-B225-D473BA74F136.jpeg
DD69D7FB-37FB-4125-876B-40445249EFE3.jpeg
66452A69-2FF2-40E5-A7E6-BB05DE551E2F.jpeg
9A8CA947-230A-47F7-AA0E-EC34ED33ECC3.jpeg
2446997E-E4AF-43CB-A764-3C1338056014.jpeg
E0EB92E1-039F-4AAA-8BFB-E80519BC9A10.jpeg

Well, with a morning low of 37 and high of 62, our second match is in the books. We had just 7 shooters show up today, bundled up and ready to go. There was a very light breeze that moved even the 20 ft pound hunter guys bigger pellets a bit. There were 2 WFTF shooters, me and Gary P, who drove 7 hrs all the way from the Tampa area, along with his buddy Ken (new shooter). As usual Carey H. and Terry made it from Baton Rouge. Rudy S. came from Mobile again (just his second match) and brought his friend Tom (first time shooter). And Matt D. who saw my PAC Facebook page and follows FT etc on the forums, drove over from Ft Walton, FL. Matt said he is a backyard shooter and this was his first event ever. We started the match and we got lucky with sunshine and it warmed little by little. 3 hours later were done with the match and took down the course and stacked concrete blocks. I set an easier course this time, that would be mid medium troyer rating.

Troyer for today was 27
5 targets past 45 yards
2 standing lanes
2 kneeling lanes

Scores....

Hunter

Carey H......40
Tom C........23
Matt D........23
Ken H.........22
Rudy S.......19

WFTF

Bill C........49
Gary P......44

Next match the first Saturday of each month (except April, as I will be at Careys CAJUNS shoot in Louisiana)

Thanks.....BC
It was a great day BC

Man I wish I had known about this, I would have come just to watch and learn! I live in Navarre, so just down the road! When are you planning the next one?

I told my buddy as we drove past the sign for Navarre that I thought there was an airgunner who lives there. I wondered whether you were coming.

Anyway, as Bill listed in his posts, "Next match the first Saturday of each month (except April, as I will be at Careys CAJUNS shoot in Louisiana)"

Maybe see ya next time.

Gary
Venice, FL

Bill, great job on the set-up/course. Really great place to shoot. I know the club will do well and it will grow for sure.

Thank you so much for the hospitality and it was great to see you, your bride, Carey and Terri and all the new shooters.

I can't say I'm going to make the 8 hour drive every month but I'll come up again for sure.
I just have to get some practice in and work on that WFTF game, Hahaha

Reactions: cavedweller and BC
Man I wish I had known about this, I would have come just to watch and learn! I live in Navarre, so just down the road! When are you planning the next one?
hey FL.....first Saturday of every month (except April, as I will be in Louisiana at the Cajuns Grand Prix match). Come on down, we usually have some extra guns around you can use, or borrow mine or someones. Come next month and get addicted like we are. Its a blast and once invested in a gun, scope and some equipment, isnt that expensive. We shoot at the Santa Rosa Shooting Center in Pace. I have a facebook page for the club...Pensacola AIrgun Club....i post match results and pics there, and give updates about upcoming matches and the weather etc.....thanks BC

Troyer for today was 27
5 targets past 45 yards
2 standing lanes
2 kneeling lanes

Scores....

Hunter

Carey H......40
Tom C........23
Matt D........23
Ken H.........22
Rudy S.......19

WFTF

Bill C........49
Gary P......44

Thanks.....BC
Bill, really bummed I wasn’t able to make it…will be there next match, as the inaugural one was great! John

Bill, great job on the set-up/course. Really great place to shoot. I know the club will do well and it will grow for sure.

Thank you so much for the hospitality and it was great to see you, your bride, Carey and Terri and all the new shooters.

I can't say I'm going to make the 8 hour drive every month but I'll come up again for sure.
I just have to get some practice in and work on that WFTF game, Hahaha
Thanks for coming Gary, its was fun as always. See you at Cajuns then...Stay safe brother.....