Pennsylvania Hunting Restrictions 23-24

If you live in PA and want to voice your opinion, use this link to submit a comment to game commission board. If we get enough people involved maybe we can get traction. Possibly open another thread we can pin and have all PA members submit comments (Kindly and professionally please)

Just figured I would post this here to save the time of reading through the digest. Its still illegal to use anything other than .177 or .22 in the state of Pennsylvania for air rifles. Every year I call the game commission and double check that any other caliber cannot be used for anything else and it was confirmed.

I saw a few things in regards to hunting and .25 cal and others being used in PA and although I think its dumb, its a law and I am just trying to help those out who may not know. Below is quoted from the 23-24 Digest for reference. Also no air bows as of yet either.

To clarify: You are NOT allowed to hunt turkey with an air rifle as of 23-24.

"NO CLOSED SEASON, NO OPEN SEASON English sparrows and European starlings may be taken in unlimited numbers, but cannot be hunted during the regular firearms deer season. There is no open season for pine martens or sharp-tailed grouse."
"SMALL GAME, FURBEARERS & CROWS, ARMS& AMMUNITION Manually operated or semiautomatic shotguns plugged to a3-shell capacity; manually operated or semiautomatic 22 caliber or less rimfire rifles; manually operated 22 caliber or less rimfire handguns; and bows and crossbows. Buckshot is not permitted. A manually operated or semiautomatic air rifle or manually operated air handgun that propels a single-projectile pellet or bullet for small game in calibers from .177 to .22. For woodchucks and furbearers, air guns must be 22 caliber. BB ammunition cannot be used. In Special Regulations Areas bottleneck centerfire cartridges are prohibited. Coyote and woodchuck hunters can use centerfire straight-walled cartridges in rifles and manually operated handguns. In Philadelphia County, Ridley Creek State Park, and Tyler State Park only bows and arrows, crossbows, air rifles and shotguns are permitted. Centerfire, single-projectile ammunition is prohibited in these areas."
1695383670248.png
1695383684235.png

PLEASE DO YOUR OWN RESEARCH IF YOU FEEL ITS NESSACERY.

Last edited:
Just figured I would post this here to save the time of reading through the digest. Its still illegal to use anything other than .177 or .22 in the state of Pennsylvania for air rifles. Every year I call the game commission and double check that any other caliber cannot be used for anything else and it was confirmed.

I saw a few things in regards to hunting and .25 cal and others being used in PA and although I think its dumb, its a law and I am just trying to help those out who may not know. Below is quoted from the 23-24 Digest for reference. Also no air bows as of yet either.

To clarify: You are NOT allowed to hunt turkey with an air rifle as of 23-24.

"NO CLOSED SEASON, NO OPEN SEASON English sparrows and European starlings may be taken in unlimited numbers, but cannot be hunted during the regular firearms deer season. There is no open season for pine martens or sharp-tailed grouse."
"SMALL GAME, FURBEARERS & CROWS, ARMS& AMMUNITION Manually operated or semiautomatic shotguns plugged to a3-shell capacity; manually operated or semiautomatic 22 caliber or less rimfire rifles; manually operated 22 caliber or less rimfire handguns; and bows and crossbows. Buckshot is not permitted. A manually operated or semiautomatic air rifle or manually operated air handgun that propels a single-projectile pellet or bullet for small game in calibers from .177 to .22. For woodchucks and furbearers, air guns must be 22 caliber. BB ammunition cannot be used. In Special Regulations Areas bottleneck centerfire cartridges are prohibited. Coyote and woodchuck hunters can use centerfire straight-walled cartridges in rifles and manually operated handguns. In Philadelphia County, Ridley Creek State Park, and Tyler State Park only bows and arrows, crossbows, air rifles and shotguns are permitted. Centerfire, single-projectile ammunition is prohibited in these areas."
View attachment 390918View attachment 390919

PLEASE DO YOUR OWN RESEARCH IF YOU FEEL ITS NESSACERY.
TC724 , Thanks for the info. I was about to check my digest again . Yes , I wonder where "they" come up with some of these reg.s ( like Sunday hunting day (s)for woodchuck IN NOVEMBER !) . This is the main reason for not getting a .25 caliber gun. To me , it's simply too expensive to shoot pests birds w/ .25 & if a G-hog pops up or a crow lands nearby I'm legally unable to deal w/ it !

Reactions: TC724