Pending release from a government agency

I ordered an HW98 .22 from Krale. Been wanting one for a long time. It was supposed to arrive today until I discovered it’s being held up by customs somewhere and the estimated arrival date has been removed from the tracking system. Now all it says is: “Your package is pending release from a government agency.” Don’t know how long I’ll have to wait now and there’s absolutely nothing I can do.

Anyone else ever run into this issue ordering from Krale?

• Wow
Reactions: qball
I doubt you have anything to worry about. It's an airgun, so customs is likely unfamiliar with it, so they're taking their time. Other than maybe having to pay some exotic tax on airguns from the Netherlands that's from a century-old law, I doubt you have any issues to worry about. You're in the States, right? If you were in Canada, customs would seize the gun. There are some ways Canadians can import guns, but they're fairly unpleasant, and ordering one on-line without doing any of the preliminary paperwork could potentially cause some troubles.

I guess buying something from a store in another country to save a few bucks instead of supporting a local store might not have been the best idea! What is their policy on customs seizing your goods? What are you going to do if you need warranty or repair?
It actually cost me more than it would’ve if I’d managed to find it domestic, which I searched the ends of the earth for to no avail. The HW98 is completely sold out from all American retailers. I couldn’t even find one USED from an American reseller. So Krale was my only option.

I used to get everything to the US from Krale within 3-4 days. Last order had the same issue as you and set with the government agency thing for almost 2 weeks before moving on. Eventually got it but took almost 3 weeks.
That’s what I was afraid to hear.

Maybe I’ll get lucky. But the truth is I’ve been waiting to order this gun for months, so I can wait another few weeks if need be. I’m just very unreasonably impatient.

I ordered an HW98 .22 from Krale. Been wanting one for a long time. It was supposed to arrive today until I discovered it’s being held up by customs somewhere and the estimated arrival date has been removed from the tracking system. Now all it says is: “Your package is pending release from a government agency.” Don’t know how long I’ll have to wait now and there’s absolutely nothing I can do.

Anyone else ever run into this issue ordering from Krale?
Let us know if you got the new style stock or the old one, once you get it.

I’ve had customs open one of my Krale purchases prior to COVId, lucky there was no damage. If it’s shipping by UPS then UPS is providing import brokerage services for the package and as long as it’s worth less than $800 it should come through ok albeit with a delay - otherwise UPS will contact you to pay tariff taxes on the goods before releasing it.

Hope this gives you some peace of mind.

-Marty

Reactions: jetpopt and MLE
Customs is usually pretty quick. I just ordered in 6 guns from Spain and customs had them held up for like 2-3 days I think. Not really a huge deal for me although I was gitty with anticipation
Yeah I’m being unreasonably impatient. Just absolutely cannot wait to get my hands on this beautiful gun.

Yeah I’m being unreasonably impatient. Just absolutely cannot wait to get my hands on this beautiful gun.
I dont blame you. The 98 has been on my want list for a while now and just looking for an excuse to grab one.

I hope customs is quick for you. Looking forward to your first post about your new 98!

Reactions: MLE