I’m a newbie here and I love my Mrod and it badaxx accurate. So I test out all kinds of pellets at 22 cal. I’m thinking the best could be the most expensive or at least in that realm. My tin of JSB monster Diablo are not only these most expensive they are by far the worst. The skirts are all fxxked on every pellet. This is not shipping damage. These are manufactured piss poor with cast flash and north good. Is this how pellets go. I’ll pay for the best but these are crap. I am a powder guy with several grain scales and these wouldn’t even make second grade. My cheap Crossmans will beat them in quality all day. 

Sorry to hear you had a bad first experience with JSB. I did too when I first got into airgunning. Glad I didn't let that sour me completely because I would have missed out on a decade's long sequence of JSB pellets being far and away the best grouping pellet in 9 out of 10 rifles.

H&N has good quality control, just be aware they have a proliferation of gimmick pellets. Stick to the domes if you have any aspirations of tight groups at 50 yards or beyond.

Many people are happy with JSB,I find the AApellets have better quality control, though made by JSB,I have luck with the RWS Match pellets.;

as stated H&N can work well....also be aware it is not just the brand of pellet,but also the grain and shape can also have a profound effect on accuracy.

Some cheaper pellets also can work out great, remember air force can help to blow out the skirts of deformed pellets,,,, most shooters can not shoot better than a bad pellet, just saying.

Perhaps you had bad luck and received the rare bad tin from JSB. Or perhaps you have some strange hidden agenda. Your multiple comments attacking the quality of JSB sound a bit “unhinged”. Every company can put out a bad product once in a while. Overall though, JSB is considered one of the best. It seems that you don’t want to accept that. Try some of the dome pellet offerings from H&N and hopefully you will find happiness.

Many people must buy into this. But I am new to this but I surprised that this is what you all think is the best. This sucks. In the powder burner world they’d be last place.

Is this guy trolling? He must be... every post is an insult. 

In all seriousness Jsb pellets are a solid brand. I get hole in hole with most jsb pellets.

But like you said in your 1st post, crossmans beat them in quality. So you found your go to pellets. Congratulations! Stick with crosmans!

So I want accurate and good pellets. Who makes those ?

Just got through drying off my shooting table and setting out about 100 paintballs to shoot up to 60 yards. If possible I shoot some kind of air rifle daily. Just waiting for full daylight. My experience is such that if your rifle likes JSB the Air Arms Diablo is a bit better, both in quality and accuracy. Not to say Air Arms is perfect as I have gotten tins of those with problems also. However that is quite rare. If I were to enter competition again, I would choose Air Arms. However I am now blind in one ear and cannot hear out of either eye. Chuckle!! Yep tired eyes.

The last several tins of JSB I have gotten have both thick and thin skirts. They will be from 3 to 5 grains in weight difference. The last tin of RS all had bent skirts. Lately every tin of JSB requires a close inspection, some are good, some are not.

As for H and N, well not too many of my rifles really like them other than the heavier Barracuda. A couple of springers like the Field Target Trophy, as for the rest, never had much luck with terminators and rabbit hunters........Grin! Never had much luck with pointed pellets, so I stick with domed only.

I buy pellets from Pyramid Air and lots of them, so when I get a bad tin I just call them and they replace them. I suppose they eventually make it back to be melted down for another try.

Cheers

Kit

JSB pellets seem to be softer than H&N and Crosman pellets. I recently received a tin of horribly damaged JSB pellets, plus there were two types of pellets in the tin. But that’s the only problem I’ve ever had in over six years of shooting JSB pellets, and now slugs. Definitely try more, you won’t keep having bad tins. They produce excellent pellets 99% of the time. 

I've found the FX variant of each JSB weight to be more consistent, with few bent skirts and few (if any) out of range weight pellets. I am currently going thru weight sorting many tins of JSB 25 cal 33.95 gn pellets and compared to the FX equivalent they are terrible! Weights are very much out there. I weight sort and perhaps 10% are as much as 2 grains over weight. For shooting rats or squirrels, no big deal. But for benchrest bullseye shooting it is a big deal. Just get the FX or AA equivalents and you'll be happier. Just my opinion, of course.

Thank you for your replies. Not trolling but I guess I expected better from higher end pellets. I have replacements coming and we’ll see what they send. These are what I’ve tried thus far and the H and are spot on in weight and quality
image.1652456197.jpg

You may want to get a sampler box of varied pellets instead of buying full tins that may or may not be your guns preferred pellet. Straight Shooters makes such sample boxes and before I posted this I went to their site and was surprised to see he is retiring soon. He lists what is in each sample box and the website shows the sample boxes still "in stock" but it might be a good idea to call before ordering.

link: https://www.straightshooters.com/choose-a-pellet.html

If you have a real firebreather of a gun (>40fpe), try again with the 25gr Monsters. For anything in the spectrum of 25-35fpe, drop down to the 18.1gr. For 20-30fpe, the 15.9gr. 

FWIW I would be shocked if either the Crow Magnuma or the Superpoints will ever give satisfactory groups at 50 yards and probably not even 30 yards. Unless satisfactory is instead measured by hitting a soup can.