• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back to a traditional "Forum List" view, and/or "Light" mode click HERE.

Pellets won't fit well

Forgive me if I'm rehashing an old post but I couldn't find one that addressed this. Anyway.. yesterday I bought some .177 Crosman Piranna's at W/M on a whim. Usually I use CPHD's as my go to pellet. Well the new Piranna's don't fit the bore well at all and they are sooo inaccurate. It's like trying to stuff a .22 in the breech. Some kind of fit but most don't. These are 10.3 gr. Anyone else have problems? Thanks, John

Forgive me if I'm rehashing an old post but I couldn't find one that addressed this. Anyway.. yesterday I bought some .177 Crosman Piranna's at W/M on a whim. Usually I use CPHD's as my go to pellet. Well the new Piranna's don't fit the bore well at all and they are sooo inaccurate. It's like trying to stuff a .22 in the breech. Some kind of fit but most don't. These are 10.3 gr. Anyone else have problems? Thanks, John

Ohplnkr: 

Some pellets not fitting the bore of your gun is just a fact for ANY gun...A shooter who wants good precision and performance is obligated to test and to find out what works best for his gun (make notes on pellet type, weight and head size so you can replicate what your gun likes). Whatever works for others doesn't mean that it will work for you....NO two barrels are the same.

Take care,

AZ

If you want to try something interesting you can run those pellets through a home made pellet sizer. Use an old useless metal pen housing like the front tip of a ball point pen must be metal. Or a "gift VIP executive type" metal pen the nice expensive ones. File the tip so the hole is barely smaller than the pellet so when you stick the pellet in from the back use a dull nail to push the pellet through to size. Dont overdo it. You can't put back what you file off. If the finished sized pellets too small file the pen tip a little more but you need to size just a hair smaller. The overdone too small ones you flare the skirts with your dull nail so you get a good tight seal in your barrel. Enjoy... Yo!