Pellets Vs Slugs -- Is It Worth It Video ?

I do a lot of pesting at dairies, and the risk of collateral damage is too high to chance using slugs. My guns are pretty consistent with pellets out to 75-80 range, if the there isn't too much wind.
Yes by no means am I bashing slugs but I feel many new shooters might thing that it is the best way to go. Much like you see the need for pellets. Thanks for chatting in.

Hello Jaydog,

Excellent review, thank you.

ThomasT
Thanks for watching....
Another consideration. I can’t find JSB pellets anywhere for .22 or .25. But Nielsen slugs are readily available.

For the tinkerers that like to push the limit, slug shooting seems to be more fun and more exciting. No risk no reward I guess. But if you just want to grab something and hit targets within 100 yards, pellets are way better.
Ahh man that is the truth..... JSBs are hard to find... especially my favorite.

Another consideration. I can’t find JSB pellets anywhere for .22 or .25. But Nielsen slugs are readily available.

For the tinkerers that like to push the limit, slug shooting seems to be more fun and more exciting. No risk no reward I guess. But if you just want to grab something and hit targets within 100 yards, pellets are way better.
I got JSBs from Pyramyd Air in both .22 and .25. They arrived very well packed and if you buy 3 tins you get your 4th tin for free.

I agree. I'll even add the barrel tends to get dirty/fouled much quicker. I find that a big pain in itself. Depending on barrel also you lose efficiency due to the higher friction in bore compared to pellets. So can take more air to get a slug to shoot at say 40fpe compared to a pellet.

Now price I find the FX Hybrids to be outrageous. You can get NSAs for prices much more comparable to pellets in the 5-6¢ range.

I only use slugs in windy conditions. Otherwise not worth it to me.