• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Pellets smaller than .177

I'd try making a die for them. See if a drill bit can be found that's the right diameter and then drill a hole through aluminum or brass and push the pellets through. If you can't find the exact drill bit then I'd drill it a size small and open it up a little with a fine file.
Everybody should have a wire gage set. Right? Commonly called 'number drills'. BTW #80 is a mere .0135. and #1 is .228.

The reason I ask is that for example, the Diana Octoberfest gallery rifle is designed to shoot only 4.4mm lead balls or BBs and not pellets which are larger.
Are your Diana’s specifically designated as for use with pellets?
Both guns list they are .177, not really sure of the problem. I will try pushing some pellets through and measuring them.

I have a Model 6G and a 25
Odd you would have same issue with two very different airguns. On common factor is that both are old. What is the condition of the breach seals? What is the condition of the piston seals? Is it possible neither airgun is producing enough pressure to propel the pellets unless they are very loose in the bore?

Both guns list they are .177, not really sure of the problem. I will try pushing some pellets through and measuring them.
When I was a kid, before I knew anything about airguns my brother was given a Diana 23 that was the same way, we had to push a pellet through, then it would shoot it. The gun was already pretty old and worn out in 1980. Several years ago when I got into this hobby I dug it out of the back of a closet and put a breach seal in it, there was none. It was like magic so I proceeded to do a full rebuild. That old gun is quite a shooter today.

Odd you would have same issue with two very different airguns. On common factor is that both are old. What is the condition of the breach seals? What is the condition of the piston seals? Is it possible neither airgun is producing enough pressure to propel the pellets unless they are very loose in the bore?
Thanks, I will try to see what happens the seals look good, I have a second model 6 that shoots great I'm going to switch barrels and see if a pellet will shoot through that way.