• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

pellets/slug mold making discussion

Dear AGN forum users, I am a pellets/slug mold manufacturer from China. This is not an advertising topic. I have read a lot of AGB forum topics about pellets/slug. I found that many users are interested in pellets/ Slug has its own ideas, which is worth learning. I want to look for a pellets/slug design master, similar to Ballistic Boy, who has a deep understanding and is proficient in using various design software. If you are interested and willing to challenge an interesting job, you can PM me, I am very happy to work with you, I will pay or free mold.

IMG_20230815_213702_892.jpg

IMG_20230815_213052_484.jpg

Reactions: gerryccw
Bob Sterne he mostly does bullets/slugs, but I bet he has pellet ideas too.

That mold looks nice, do you make a press to work with them? My only experience with making my own pellets is a 25 caliber molten pour mold. I get more than 50% rejects with it. Would be nice to make my own pellets for my smaller in .22 and .25, I cast bullets for .357 and .510.

Bob Sterne he mostly does bullets/slugs, but I bet he has pellet ideas too.

That mold looks nice, do you make a press to work with them? My only experience with making my own pellets is a 25 caliber molten pour mold. I get more than 50% rejects with it. Would be nice to make my own pellets for my smaller in .22 and .25, I cast bullets for .357 and .510.
My mold is a high-hardness cold stamping mold, not a pouring mold, and my mold is very hard. 58-60HRC, and never rust, using 440C SUS material. I really hope to cooperate with him, I PM him, but he didn't reply

Yes, I am affiliated with ThorMolds
Your best bet is to find a distributor or dealer here to sell your molds. I have regular molds that I cast with, they work fairly well. Yours are the swage type that has more consistency, but typically at a higher price point. Looking forward to what you have to offer in the future. Do you also produce mold that are +/- in sizes, or offer sizing dies?

Your best bet is to find a distributor or dealer here to sell your molds. I have regular molds that I cast with, they work fairly well. Yours are the swage type that has more consistency, but typically at a higher price point. Looking forward to what you have to offer in the future. Do you also produce mold that are +/- in sizes, or offer sizing dies?
I am currently busy with orders from other regions, and I don’t have time yet. When I have time, I will find a dealer in the AGN forum, but not now. All I want right now is to find a Pellets/slug designer

I am currently busy with orders from other regions, and I don’t have time yet. When I have time, I will find a dealer in the AGN forum, but not now. All I want right now is to find a Pellets/slug designer
Yes, I am affiliated with ThorMolds
I doubt your claims. Thor has disappeared for a while.

Reactions: Souhaib
I’m looking for a .30 pellet mold, does this mold are same size with JSB .30 ?
Dear AGN forum users, I am a pellets/slug mold manufacturer from China. This is not an advertising topic. I have read a lot of AGB forum topics about pellets/slug. I found that many users are interested in pellets/ Slug has its own ideas, which is worth learning. I want to look for a pellets/slug design master, similar to Ballistic Boy, who has a deep understanding and is proficient in using various design software. If you are interested and willing to challenge an interesting job, you can PM me, I am very happy to work with you, I will pay or free mold.

View attachment 381166

View attachment 381167

I’m looking for a .30 pellet mold, does this mold is the same size with the JSB .30 ?

I’m looking for a .30 pellet mold, does this mold are same size with JSB .30 ?

I’m looking for a .30 pellet mold, does this mold is the same size with the JSB .30 ?
Your best bet would be NOE Moulds. The mold above is a swage type, while the NOE is a casting type. There is a big price difference in between them both. NOE is way easier to come by, the other is hens teeth.

Reactions: gerryccw
I have started, but at the moment, I am busy with orders in other regions, and also need to reimburse the orders I owe for 2022, when I am ready, I will do it.
I am interested for .25 and .22 slug re-sizers. When you think you ready to start please contact me in personal message and we can talk. I am currently resizing my pellets to my FX liners and I know what numbers works well. Feel free to put my name in to your contacts.
Thanks.

Reactions: 928487381
I am interested for .25 and .22 slug re-sizers. When you think you ready to start please contact me in personal message and we can talk. I am currently resizing my pellets to my FX liners and I know what numbers works well. Feel free to put my name in to your contacts.
Thanks.
What do you think is the best size for FX A-B liners? pellets/slug.

For slugs:
Measure the Liner/barrel hole total diameter + 5 microns.
Push a slug into the hole but half way only (don't push through the choke), push it back from muzzle, and measure the diameter with a micrometer, add 5 microns.
I have pellet A and slug B liners, and some others as well but need to check, cannot remember.
For pellets I prefer a conical bushing that makes a head diameter smaller and the skirt slightly bigger. I have 3 pellet sizers, working OK or to say so-so but I have a better idea for a next time build.
Edit:
I bought two tapered reamer kits from aliexpress. 1 degree total taper and 1.5 degree total taper. Both cones work well for pellet resizing, but the 5.5 and 6.35 bushing need to be different lengths, this what I learned for the next time I will need to pay attention when ordering.

Last edited:
I am not a pellet or slug designer but I do have a suggestion. I bought a mold from NOE and it is high quality but my guns do not like the pellets it makes. The weight is more uniform than JSB commercial pellets so I do not think it is an issue with the mold or pouring process. I think guns just like some projectiles better than others. My suggestion is for you to offer the opportunity to buy some projectiles made from your molds so users can test them before investing in the mold. I don't plan to buy more molds until I can find a way to test the projectiles first. This is probably just a hassle if you want to sell molds but I think it would result in more orders.