• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Pellets or slugs at 29 fpe energy in .22 cal?

In recently discovered nsa offers a 17.5 gr slug in 22 with a .216 diameter. I shoot them from a stock barrel kral puncher bullpup that is modified to shoot them at roughly 900 fps. They super accurate, more so then the 18.1 gr jsb. Half inch at 50 yards or less, and just over an inch at 100 yards. So far they hit much harder than the jsb with less pass through. 

@TNT19 -- interesting find. I might pick up some of those for the heck of it. I have an Air Arms S510 (USA FAC version) that I tried FX slugs in right after the came out and . . . that was a bit of a bummer. The gun shoots them ok but they're very tight fitting and could only achieve a little over 700fps even at full power. It sends 16 and 18gr jsb pellets both fast (900+ for the 16's and mid 800's for the 18's) and lethally accurately. Does anyone know ( well - duh - I'm sure someone does . . lol ) what diameter jsb 16 & 18gr pellets are supposed to be? ( ie; .216, .217, etc . . . ) Pellets typically seem to be measured in mm - ie; 22 are 5.51, 5.52, etc . . .

The 17.5 gr slugs are snug but not overly tight. I have my gun on the highest port setting to get the 900 fps and I was shocked how well they shoot out of a mid range gun not designed to shoot slugs. I have recovered and I do not see alot of rifle scoring in the slug. They do open up nicely, and seem to cause a lot of collateral damage. I am thinking in ur airarms you go get the upper 800s like 850 to 900 with the nsa slugs.

I hunt woods, so I have never had an issue with wind. My poops don't extend past 75 yards and are almost always much closer. So, I use 16gr hades. My other hunting rifle shoots Crosman 14.3s way better than any gun should. At barely over 1 cent per round, it's hard to complain. 

So, it comes down to intended use, what you need, and what your environment is. 

I do use slugs, but have no need for them while hunting. 

@TNT19 - I went to the Nielsen site and looked up the slugs in question. One of the reviews on them was from a guy who uses them in his AA also ( slightly older 410 ) but he claims they are great. I bought a box. :) Time will tell.

@Long_Gun_Dallas - assuming your in Texas - and they say *everything* in Texas is bigger . . . well you got us all there. My poops don't usually go more than 4 inches or so before they hit the water. 75 yards!!! Damn man -- those must be some wicked beans your eating!!! 😂 ( just bustin' . . . :) )

I hunt woods, so I have never had an issue with wind. My poops don't extend past 75 yards and are almost always much closer. So, I use 16gr hades. My other hunting rifle shoots Crosman 14.3s way better than any gun should. At barely over 1 cent per round, it's hard to complain. 

So, it comes down to intended use, what you need, and what your environment is. 

I do use slugs, but have no need for them while hunting.

You might want to see a doctor about that.

@TNT19 - I went to the Nielsen site and looked up the slugs in question. One of the reviews on them was from a guy who uses them in his AA also ( slightly older 410 ) but he claims they are great. I bought a box. :) Time will tell.

@Long_Gun_Dallas - assuming your in Texas - and they say *everything* in Texas is bigger . . . well you got us all there. My poops don't usually go more than 4 inches or so before they hit the water. 75 yards!!! Damn man -- those must be some wicked beans your eating!!!
1f602.svg
( just bustin' . . . :) )

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 I am fricken dying here hoss!!!! And good luck with them slugs. I am hoping in May if this zombie ebolaswinebirdcoronalime apocalypse eases up i can hit the farm to do some pesting and test these out in a target rich environment. 

Hey man -- just a follow up to this. Nielsen ammo -- these guys rock. I ordered and they processed the order same day - slugs showed up yesterday. They even shoot out of my AA at a decent clip - 860's fps (@full power). I got to do a little target work with them yesterday but it was wickedly windy -- to the point the area where I live lost power for a couple of hours yesterday due to downed trees. It's much calmer today - although quite a bit cooler temp wise too - but I'm going to give 'em a go again today later this afternoon as it's supposed to warm up some. But yeah - I was (am) really impressed at just how fast Nielsen's turn around is with getting orders processed and shipped.

The 17.5 gr slugs are snug but not overly tight. I have my gun on the highest port setting to get the 900 fps and I was shocked how well they shoot out of a mid range gun not designed to shoot slugs. I have recovered and I do not see alot of rifle scoring in the slug. They do open up nicely, and seem to cause a lot of collateral damage. I am thinking in ur airarms you go get the upper 800s like 850 to 900 with the nsa slugs.

Here's one I recovered out of a squirrel, nsa 17.5 @ 900fps out of my Kral
1587060423_11579510805e989ec7c886f1.11598409.jpg