• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Pellets keyholing (850 M2)

KCGES

Apr 23, 2020
TN
The Umarex Mosquito 7.4 gr pellets that came with my Hammerli 850 M2 are keyholing. WTH...this is from 18 yards
1591055442_2339723855ed59452060fa1.83674736.jpg

According to UMAREX WEBSITE it's supposed to shoot a 7.0gr pelletcat 650fp. IDK WHY PA states 700fps with 7.0s... My best guess is you're shooting a 7.4gr at roughly 615-620fps of Umarex is correct or 660-665fps if PA is correct. Minus about 60fps if shooting 8.0gr pellets. That gun should be a tack driver since it has a Walther barrel. Yo!

According to UMAREX WEBSITE it's supposed to shoot a 7.0gr pelletcat 650fp. IDK WHY PA states 700fps with 7.0s... My best guess is you're shooting a 7.4gr at roughly 615-620fps of Umarex is correct or 660-665fps if PA is correct. Minus about 60fps if shooting 8.0gr pellets. That gun should be a tack driver since it has a Walther barrel. Yo!

Yea so why is it keyholing? With this pellet.

There could be many explanations. Maybe there could be a burr in the rifeling or dirty barrel perhaps or rough leads who knows or maybe EVEN YOU didn't pay the TEN BUCKS? Did you clean the barrel? Maybe those pellets aren't it's magic pellet for accuracy? Clean the barrel and try a different pellet maybe even the Wal-Mart CROSMAN Premier Hollow Points and the Crosman 7.4gr Pointed. They're cheap enough. Yo!

There could be many explanations. Maybe there could be a burr in the rifeling or dirty barrel perhaps or rough leads who knows or maybe EVEN YOU didn't pay the TEN BUCKS? Did you clean the barrel? Maybe those pellets aren't it's magic pellet for accuracy? Clean the barrel and try a different pellet maybe even the Wal-Mart CROSMAN Premier Hollow Points and the Crosman 7.4gr Pointed. They're cheap enough. Yo!

Yo. All others shoot fine. Crossman, RWS, cheap gamos, and 2 varieties of H&N

Hahahahaaaa I have lots of NICE LOOKING pellets that don't shoot worth of beans. All I can say it's because you DIDNT PAY the TEN BUCKS.
1f606.svg
Yo!

You know what. You post a lot and provide very, very little. 

Are you trying to put down a retailer?

Actually I try my best to help out the end consumer While said unmentioned retailer reads my posts to hopefully you damn straight I'm praying for them to step up their game by several notches and actually go over the dang guns prior to shipping them to the customer so there wouldn't need anyone posting about issues with their newly purchased guns THATS WHY I had suggested said retailer to just add the TEN BUCKS to ALL of their guns price so nothing like this can slip through which has been apparent with shocking regularity that's all. Yo!