• *Effective 3/27/2024 - The discussion of the creation, fabrication, or modification of airgun moderators is prohibited. The discussion of any "adapters" used to convert an airgun moderator to a firearm silencer will result in immediate termination of the account.*
  • The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Pellets hitting baffles in DonnyFL Ronin

With real suppressors, you are a fool if you don't have an alignment rod for your caliber(s) to check bore alignment of your suppressor before shooting, or have a gunsmith check it for you. I get alignment rods, can use them anytime whereas if you have a gunsmith check it you pay every time. You do that for every firearm you are going to mount your suppressor on. You may be surprised at how many mass produced firearms with threaded muzzles are seriously out of alignment. It even happens with some expensive/quality firearms on occasion, at least on those the manufacturer will rebarrel without question and no wasted time. I have a 30 cal suppressor I use on most anything, have different end caps for different calibers. I had to fix two firearms before using the suppressor on them. One I rebarreled with a quality barrel, and one I had a machinist check when I was picking up some parts and the threads were fine, the shoulder wasn't. That barrel was just long enough it could have been cut and re-threaded if needed. That is what I planned on doing since that barrel was very accurate. He was scratching his head trying to figure out how they managed to get threads concentric to bore and screw up the shoulder. Took him 5 minutes to square the shoulder, a matter of only .0002 off. Enough I would have blown the endcap off, and probably the last baffle if I was dumb enough to shoot it.

I had a fairly long conversation with a machinist at a well known commercial suppressor manufacturer, said they repair many, and scrap some suppressors every week from stupid people that just mounted their new toy and used it. The one thing I wanted from him was the answer to "who makes good barrels that are properly threaded". I didn't get that answer, just a generic go with a well known quality brand, spend the money, and still check it with an alignment rod,

I hate reading threads like this. People blaming others without knowing the true cause of the problem. It is terribly unfair. The OP owns the responsibility to troubleshoot the issue and only then point fingers.
It does not seem to me as if the OP is pointing a finger of blame at all.
It is more like he is asking a question and wants to find out if anyone can corroborate the clipping issue.
Is that not what forums are for?

Chill out, brother

Ed