Pellets from Amazon

JimD

Mar 27, 2021
SC, United States
I just got some pellets from Amazon. Not the first time I've ordered from them and it probably will not be the last. There is a dent in the bottom of the tin as you can probably see in the picture. But the pellets look fine. They shipped in a lightly padded bag. I don't expect the pellets to arrive in pristine tins. But most of my orders have contained pellets in pretty good shape, like these. The tins that looked mangled got sent back.

But the reason I order from Amazon is I can get them fast. This tin cost me the same per tin as the best price I saw from other sources. Amazon included shipping, however, and the others did not. So it didn't cost me extra. I ordered 5 tins from another retailer Friday afternoon and they haven't shipped yet. I ordered this tin Saturday (when I saw the other order hadn't shipped) and it arrived today. I think 1-2 day delivery is worth something too.

Their price is not always as good as I got on this order and I would worry the chance of damage would be greater on a larger (and heavier) order. But for a tin or two, especially if I need them quickly, I think amazon is a viable option.

Amazon pellets.jpg

Being Amazon is not an airgun dealer per se it's not surprising they just don't get it when it comes to proper packaging for pellets (shipping dept goes more by weight & size than by protecting content). Their return policy & free shipping deals make it attractive but I've only ordered 1 or two tins at a time when there was something I've wanted to try out.

I get most of my Crosman Premier pellets from Amazon. The good thing about the Crosman pellets is that the tins are not made out of that flimsy metal that a lot of other brands are made out of. Also the Crosman pellets come in a blister pack which helps a lot.
I've not had a Crosman tin arrive damaged yet.

Edit: I hope I didn't jinx myself.

Reactions: RM.510bigbore
The one and only time I bought pellets from Amazon was when I wanted to try a pellet I couldn’t obtain any other way. Three tins arrived loose inside of a box big enough to hold 20 tins stacked tight. The tins had major dents and thankfully the tins didn’t burst open. Always a good reminder to work with competent vendors.

I buy pellets from Amazon and AoA. The worst thing that has happened to me is an Amazon tin that broke open in transit, leaving me with an envelope filled with pellets. The pellets, however, seemed none the worse for wear. The envelope might be even better than the tin at protecting them.

In my experience careful packaging vs. a padded envelope has more impact on the tin than the pellets themselves. I happily order from Amazon without concern. Short of a real study, the pellets I receive from them are as good as any other source.

GsT

I bought one tin of JSB 18s from Amazon. They came in a padded bag inside another padded bag. The tin looked great but some of the pellet skirts were pretty distorted. Seem to shoot OK, however. Even picking out the best ones they did not outshoot H&N Baracuda 18s in my Caiman, however. Not a bad thing when the Baracudas are only $8 for a tin of 200.