• Much like Google Reviews - members are allowed to create (1) unique thread for each vendor/manufacturer. You may "edit" your thread at any time to reflect any changes.

Pellets from Amazon packed by idiots!

Just purchased three tins of pellets from Amazon { 1st and last time }, as I could not find what I wanted anywhere else. Shipping was almost next day, but much to my chagrin, the pellet tins came loose in a manila shipping envelope with "NO" padding whatsoever!! How they made it with no damage to the tins and pellets is beyond belief. Gotta have some idiots in their shipping dept.!!!

You're not the first. The first time I ordered pellets from them awhile back, I believe it was 5 tins of H&N, they were just loosely thrown in the box. Not even wrapped and no padding whatsoever like you mentioned. Upon arrival, one of the tins had popped open with all the pellets scattered throughout the box and all tins were damaged. Never again.

...you should see some of the types they hire...then they push them to go faster...faster...faster...they make it very hard to care...

...a certain percentage of the packages are destroyed by the machinery upon arrive at the fulfillment centers...

...they just dump them en mass like coal onto conveyor belts...the damaged boxes get set as aside to get repacked...

Just purchased three tins of pellets from Amazon { 1st and last time }, as I could not find what I wanted anywhere else. Shipping was almost next day, but much to my chagrin, the pellet tins came loose in a manila shipping envelope with "NO" padding whatsoever!! How they made it with no damage to the tins and pellets is beyond belief. Gotta have some idiots in their shipping dept.!!!

ROBOTS don't care that your pellets are loose & smashed to poop.

Im not surprised. I mean considering that amazon is nothing more then a place that carries basically everything and has no specialization in any area other then making a bunch of money. They will sell you just about anything. Im going to say that they just dont know any better because they are nothing more the packers and shippers that work on a high paced assembly line where the main focus is to get it out. I know this is the case with a lot of products. Even books. I think just about every D&D book I have ordered through them was dinged up to some degree. Now you got me curious and might go ahead and order some pellets. That is if the price is really any better.

So I just went on amazon and seen the pellet prices. Most are inflated a good amount. Other then the common stuff you can get at a Wally world or other big box store its not worth getting pellets there unless desperate. Actually the crosman pellets are about $2 less on amazon then my local wally world.

I got a good deal on Predator Polymags .35cal. from amazon but 2 tins were open in the padded bag the other 2 were still closed. The Polymags were all very dirty (lead) and had to be washed. Fully half of the plastic polymag tips were separated from the lead pellet and had to be reinserted into the pellet. However on a positive note, after cleaning and lubing and reattaching the plastic tips they shot very nice out of my bulldog.

v-fib