• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Pellets for a Crosman F4

Looking for a decently accurate pellet for a Crosman F4 Nitro Piston rifle. Tried some Winchester round nose, which are pretty descent but got a good many fliers. Tried Crosman pointed pellets 7.4 gr. that do ok. Tried Daisy precision max that was a waste of money. Looking for something in the 8 - 9 gr. range that won't break the bank. If anyone has an F4, what works well for you? Thanks in advance for any info.

Try flaring the skirts slightly with a DIY modified blunt tipped golf tee or pen that fits snug to open (flare) skirts a little for tighter fit in the breech and seat them 1-2mm consistently in the breech with that modded golf tee or pen to seat exact every time you load pellets b4 shooting.

Try this first before deciding to try 8.4 and 10.3 AA and the 2 different Daystate labeled Sovereign and Kaiser (JSB+ H&N) pellets.

Try flaring the skirts slightly with a DIY modified blunt tipped golf tee or pen that fits snug to open (flare) skirts a little for tighter fit in the breech and seat them 1-2mm consistently in the breech with that modded golf tee or pen to seat exact every time you load pellets b4 shooting.

Try this first before deciding to try 8.4 and 10.3 AA and the 2 different Daystate labeled Sovereign and Kaiser (JSB+ H&N) pellets.

Odoyle,

Flared a skirt on a pellet and test fired it. It seemed to have shot a lot more accurate. Can't be totally sure because it was in a very low light situation. Will flare skirts on 10 vs 10 that I don't flare and check accuracy like that. Should be pretty easy to see if it works.

Looking for a decently accurate pellet for a Crosman F4 Nitro Piston rifle. Tried some Winchester round nose, which are pretty descent but got a good many fliers. Tried Crosman pointed pellets 7.4 gr. that do ok. Tried Daisy precision max that was a waste of money. Looking for something in the 8 - 9 gr. range that won't break the bank. If anyone has an F4, what works well for you? Thanks in advance for any info.
I bought the GAMO red fire. They seem to be very good on accuracy. My problem is holding the gun without moving so much.