• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

pellets and slugs. Dazed and confused.

@iAMzehTOASTY1 Thanks for the info. The top 2 look interesting. I think I will try them out.

To all: Thank you for all the suggestions. Does anyone sell a "sampler" pack of slugs? Save me a little on buying a bunch of different weights that I will
never shoot again. Just curious.

Doc

H&N has sample packs I think, but that's about it. NSA used to have some, but you could only purchase them through certain dealers and I haven't seen those for some time. There's no cheap way out here. If you are serious about shooting slugs, you need to be OK with having a big bin of different weights that you'll never shoot again.

Here's what a fairly mild slug testing example might look like. Since my old stash of NSA 20.2s stopped shooting well, I am doing fresh testing for slugs in the 20-22gr range. I purchased:

NSA 20.2gr - .216, .2165, .217, .2175, .218
Patriot Javelin 21gr - .217, .218
ZAN 20gr - .217, .218
H&N 21gr - .217, .218
FX Hybrid 22gr

Thats 12 boxes of slugs. If none of those work, I MAY expand into 23gr range which would mean additional purchases.