Pellet V/S Slug ?

OK I am backing out of the rabbit hole. I bought pellet guns with pellet barrels. So I am going to shoot pellets with very fine accuracy.
Now if I buy a gun or barrel made for slugs I will be jumping back in,
Mike
do you know what the difference is between the barrel?? seems like it would work with either unless three things.
1 the barrel twist rate is not right..
2 not enough power in the gun to get the speed
3 with the design of a slug, not being hollow in the back.. it should work better with less air drag.. unless too much drag in the barrel..
I have not tried slugs yet but I was thinking about it.. also thinking about trying rounds.. as they shot excellent in my 36 caliber black powder squirrel rifle out at 150 yards..
I just haven't tried yet.. I think I might try the rounds first .. but not sure yet
in my opinion #1 idea of twist rate is what I'd guess
Mark

Probably better off with pellets. I have 2 that shoot slugs pretty darn good. A 177 and a 22.. I shoot the 177 the most.. the 177 is cheaper to plink/hunt with it using slugs it also brings it up to a lower/mid 22 pellet fpe. The 22 shooting slugs doesn't get shot near as much. I just recently put it back to pellets and now I shoot it more. I'll probably never use the 22 on sugs again...but I'll probably never shoot the 177 with pellets again (unless slug prices go nuts or the quality drops). The rest of my rifles shoot pellets and I'm keeping it that way

As RTI would say the 177 510mm barrel is made for pellets, The new RPB barrel is made for both pellets and slugs but does not offer the RPB barrel in 177 caliber,, I am checking around to see if I can get a 600mm 177 barrel with the proper twist rate made for the RTI P-2 , A one off barrel like that may be way out of my price range but want hurt to check in to it, If any one has any insight please feel free to jump in..
Mike