Pellet Tray for easy loading...

Pellet Tray

When shooting I don’t like groveling in the pellet tin or fat-finger fumbling around trying to pick up a pellet so I made a pellet tray to make single-shot loading or filling a magazine easier.

The tray provides a soft dished surface that is easy to pick up a pellet from. All the pellets collect in the center of the tray so you don’t have to be chasing them around the table top or holding them in your hand. Just dump a dozen or two pellets into the tray and pick ‘em out one at a time.

It takes about 5 minutes to make a pellet tray. I use a large pellet tin and add a fillet of duct-seal (modeling clay, putty, calking or even a bit of rope) around the perimeter of the tin so that when I install the foam disk it creates a “dish”.

Works for me! ;)

Cheers,

Hank

Pellet Tray.jpg

I bought one of the septagonal cases today. “Monday” and “Tuesday” each have five .177 pellets in them to show size.

View attachment 355155
You don’t find it awkward to pick a pellet out of the small compartment?

I made that pellet tray so could easily pick out one pellet without paying much attention while doing so. That way I could keep my attention focused on my (10 meter) shooting and not be too distracted by the loading.

Cheers!

You don’t find it awkward to pick a pellet out of the small compartment?

I made that pellet tray so could easily pick out one pellet without paying much attention while doing so. That way I could keep my attention focused on my (10 meter) shooting and not be too distracted by the loading.

Cheers!
I used the pill popper last night. It’s definitely not easier than taking a pellet from the tin, but I think adding the mod that you did would make it easy. I like that small numbers of different pellets can be separated within one container. Also, the larger cases that are in strips of seven squares have more room for bigger fingers. The septagon I chose is fairly small.

Making each compartment a smooth, rounded recess from its vertical-walled original shape ought to do the trick. Your idea is good—next I’ll see if combining it with the pill popper compartments will make it what I want.

Last edited: