Pellet trap

Old clothes haha,

I use an empty plastic laundry soap container and stuff scraps of clothes I cut up. I can use a long screwdriver and keep stuffing and packing, it lasts months and can stop 60fpe even hitting it repeatedly at the same spot. Pack it tight tight tight.

Something like this

Switch it out every few months and you can staple any targets onto it and recover the lead if you want as well. 

Edit WOW THAT LINK WORKED BIG PIC, everyone will have different ideas for what works but this has worked great for me.

I gotta tell ya that making your own rubber mulch from tires is really really tough. We sharpened and repaired saws and chipper knives a professional company used for making mulch. Tires just destroy cutting tools. They ended up using a sawmill chipper and those 15lb razor sharp knives were beat to hell. Buy the Duct Seal if you cant find mulch.

Rubber mulch is usually made from old tires so if you can scavage some old tires u can chop them up or just cut them into sheets.

personally I prefer the duct seal. It does cost more but has a lot of benefits to it.

You have never cut up a tire before have you. First off nasty, dirty, get good gloves as those steel belts will cut your fingers to ribbons. One of the good things for mulch is all the little bits move as the pellet hits them, each little bit takes a little energy to move it....all those little bits do a great deal of work. I would be afraid of a big chunk of tire would cause a bounce, and that aint good.

If it is available to you I would suggest a rimfire bullet trap, that will stop about every airgun out there....down side is it will be noisy.

Then there is always the duct seal route, not sure if it is available in europe.

I would think that normal wooden mulch could be made to work, you might need to do some testing, perhaps have a sheet of wood or steel as the backer, and I would imagine it would break down much faster.

Old phone books stacked in a box works good
1f44d.svg

You old fart, do they still make phone books :)

I kid....but this time of year my mailbox is full of christmas catalogs.....lots of paper to be had.