Pellet tin alternatives?

Altaros come in little foam boxes, with individual pellet/slug holes cut out.

Screenshot from 2023-09-08 00-13-06.png

When the hand creme is empty, you won't find a better container than these.View attachment 388246
Yep, yep. That's me right there! I re- purpose most any good container. I must get the trait from my Grandpa. Drives my wife looney. But I think she hid it until the marriage certificate was signed. 😁

Hello everyone. It's finally Friday...whoop whoop!!!

I use JSB pellets almost exclusively. Yesterday I watched my son drop a brand new tin of pellets on our pea gravel driveway. Almost a complete loss. I couldn't be mad because I've done it too. What a horrible feeling that is!!! I don't know why JSB doesn't just use a screw top lid and pay the extra few cents for it.

I was wondering if anybody out there has any great ideas for pellet holders that are more secure than the JSB tin and don't cost much $$$. I have some old H&N screw top tins I use but they're in bad shape, dinged, dented and they hardly screw closed anymore. I was planning on buying some tins from Amazon (10 for $12.29) but wanted to hear some other ideas first. I'd really like something that's secure but opens easier than a screw top lid. Maybe a slide top or something with Velcro, I just don't know?

The tins on Amazon come in every size, color and capacity imaginable from 1/2oz to 8oz. I considered the 2oz, 3oz and 4oz and decided I'm going to buy the 3oz listed below because that seems to be about the right size, 2.68"x1.38". But then I thought, maybe a smaller size for carrying in my back pocket more convieniently. Let's hear your ideas before I buy anything though. Thanks in advance for any ideas. Stoti

go to Walmart ask for a couple of medicine bottles they come in a bunch of sizes , ask can i buy 2 or 3 , they will give them to you .

Reactions: 850renxrs
I use my pill bottles, Yeah they bounce around in them but...I'm not running a friggin' marathon or they're not on the back of a dirt bike for 100 miles so meh who cares. Cut out a piece of foam and put it on the bottom.
That is what I use also. I don’t bother with foam or anything because they only go from my garage to my truck usually. Great if you make your own slugs. I just write the cal and weight on them with a sharppie.

Large plastic test tubes from SpanglerScientific, thread on cap, moisture sealed, thick plastic to prevent being crushed. Maybe insert some foam in the bottom and top, see through... Should make pellet storage pretty easy. Thinking some 550 cord and a prusik knot on the body and can hang it from a strap, belt, or bag. Maybe holds 200'ish .217 24.8gr slugs, and 230'ish .217 17.5gr slugs. Just repacked a bunch of NSA slugs using these to conserve space...

WBSB-150_BabySodaBottle_07-1030x1030.jpg

Last edited: