• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Pellet stacking ability aside, what else determines what your favorite guns are?

My favorite guns are my favorite for different reasons. The expectations for one are not necessarily my expectations for them all, though they all satisfy some expectations in order to be favored. Accuracy is a given, but balance and handling are really important to me. I admit to a certain level of vanity and looks do matter to a degree. Some mods I have done were purely cosmetic, though they are finely crafted. Finally, but not least: Is it, or can it be made, backyard friendly? An airgun I can't walk out back and start shooting with isn't worth having. If I wanted that, I'd get a powder burning unit.

What do you consider to be closest to having it all these days?
For me, the FX Crown MKII with laminate stock checks every box. Looks-wise it’s a work of art, sort of like a canoe, perfection. I have a Continuum in .22 with .380, 500 and 700mm barrels but primarily, at the moment use the 500mm barrel. The .22 is primarily for range use and fun plinking. My Crown .25 is for hunting and has a 500mm barrel.
I have heard a couple of comments that FX triggers leave a lot to be desired. Apparently my trigger finger touch is unsophisticated because they’re nice to me.
Next in PCP would be my AA HFT500 in .177. It is a work of art as well and is amazingly accurate right out of the box.
In springer, my TX200 in .22 is perfection for me.

Reactions: Sqwirl57
It’s gotta fit and look cool too.
Trigger and accuracy first though.
Carbines .. short and light

6298D852-3AA5-49FC-A94E-3AFF32B97BF9.jpeg

These check off the list

Last edited:
Ergonomics? Looks? Trigger? Maybe one gun just sounds better than the rest.

I only ask because there are a few guns that shoot amazing but I just don't shoot them often because of how they catch my eye. I'm curious to see how many people are as vain as me vs people who are strictly "its a tool to do a job. Best tool wins!"
The first thing I look for is the weight. If it approaches 7 lbs, I’m not interested. Sometimes the weight is not mentioned because of the various configurations available. However, I wish the guys posting reviews on UTube would state the weight of the setup they are using. I recently emailed a well known individual/dealer who posted a video of his favorite setup of a Krait asking much it weighed……no response! I am still waiting to purchase. BTW, I’m 87 years old with back problems. I don’t want to drag anything weighing upwards of 10 pounds from my office to my back porch wuch less in the woods!

Nobody for the neat factor? I'm lucky enough to have gotten an HW57 that was actually quite accurate. It slow to shoot but I love it for the neat pop up breech
I am. Been in the hobby on and off since early 1990s

Back then a smooth shooting springer … especially one with a fixed barrel … was the proverbial “ bomb “

They are very neat 👍🏻