Pellet speed

Every pellet, slug or boolit has a speed at which it does best, it can be faster or slower, you have to shoot them to find out. For example, I have a gun that shoots CPHP's at 950 fps at 50 yards so exactly that you need a caliper to determine the CTC spread. That same pellet in another gun wants 750 fps or it spirals into a shotgun pattern. 

I think that that JSB 25.39gr pellets are about the perfect .25 pellet, they do take a goodly amount of variation and still shoot well but you have to do the work to see if it works in YOUR gun. My DAR .25 pushes them to 950fps and I get 2" groups at 100 yards. 

Good luck finding your pellet zen...

Is it worth trying to push my pellets up to about 860 from 825? I’m shooting JSB 25.39s very accurately at 825 but I’m kinda wanting to jump up to 860 just to get a bit more power. Is it worth it or should I be satisfied?

OK, I don't want to ask you what the "very accurate" means to you, but I tried to tune my pellets for paper rings.

I spent at least two tins of .22 MRD's (25.4) in tuning and cannot make the group size smaller then 1.5" at 50-60 yards. If I tighten the group size to smallest possible I was getting flyers 2-3" away from the group.

I tried with two barrels out of my Leshiy2, a 350mm Alfa and a 500mm polygonal. I tried every possible scenario North of 900 fps all the way to 1000, no bueno for me.