Tuning Pellet shard in valve?- FX Impact

Hey guys-

Was shooting my .22 MK2 w/PP the other day and had a weird issue......all of a sudden it was way down on power......tuned for 885FPS and chronied at 620!!!!!

I pulled the barrel and all seemed normal. Reassembled and no change. After a few more wimpy shots I pulled the barrel again and a lead shard (about 1/2 a pellet worth) fell out from somewhere. After reassembly gun returned to normal. Almost as if it was stuck in the transfer port or valve assembly.....

Has anyone had this happen? The transfer port is stock and it seems there is no way for a pellet to go through it.

THX

-Steve in KY

I had a similar issue. 

When I changed caliber,somehow a pellet ended up in the tp port.the skirt of the pellet was jammed in the bridge of the huma tp.also had a sudden loss of velocity.couldnt pull out the barrel aswell,its was really stuck.i blew some air down the barrel from the muzzle and after a few bumps it came loose.
20200808_124445.1601761324.jpg
20200808_124621.1601761377.jpg
20200808_124501.1601761425.jpg

More woes with the Impact! I did not like the feel when I chambered a round into the barrel. It felt like something was catching just a bit. So I pulled my new FX power probe and put the original back in last night. 

When I got up this morning I aired the gun up, loaded up the magazine and fired a few shots over the chrony. They came out at 356- 400fps!! Whatsupwidthat? Then my chrony went into error mode on me and I found the battery was dead so figured it was just a chrony problem. Even with the new battery the chrony gave me the same numbers though so not a good thing. The gun was shooting in the thousand plus fps the night before. The last thing I did to the gun was to reinstall the old probe. It took me a few minutes before I decided to pull the barrel out, to see if there was something blocking the port, but it would not budge no matter how hard I pulled on it. So I screwed the front adapter that holds the moderator on to the shroud and barrel on put a crescent wrench on it and hammered on the side of the wrench. I saw the barrel move the tiniest bit so I kept on hammering on it until the barrel finally broke loose and I was able to pull it out by hand. I heard something fall onto the table and found a piece of lead that had been stuck in the barrel. I didn't really know what it was until I turned the gun over and the better part of a sheared off slug tumbled out onto the table.

The new probe did not keep the slug centered while moving over the slightly enlarged oval port and somehow a slug went into the port and got pressed into it. I was unlucky enough to change the probe at that exact time so I had a hard time understanding what went on. Good thing that the NSA slugs are fairly soft lead cuz it sheared pretty easy all things considered.

Edit; Installing a dual port barrel transfer port would solve the jamming issue.

Anyway velocity is back up to normal again and it is doubtful I will put the adjustable pin probe back in the gun. So all that the Slug Power Kit did for me was allow me to pull the valve spring from the inside to the outside of the gun. Which really is a pretty big thing, as now I can easily change out valve springs for tuning purposes, so in the end it was well worth the time and trouble. So I wasted a few more hours on the gun and posting about it. Kept me out of the smoke and away from the China virus it did. ;^)

The stuck slug and my tool to get the barrel out. These things do happen although very seldom.